Ford 3000 hydraulic pump convert to 3600

Ford3000Ky

New User
Ive seen and heard many people say that the 3600 pumps flow more than the 3000 pumps. Ive got a front end loader on my 74 Ford 3000 and its just so gosh darn slow. Ive heard people say they’ve converted their 3000 from the piston pump to the gear pump like on the 3600. Just curious to see if anyone here has successfully done it and would be willing to give details on how they did it. Thanks

-Dylan

Ive seen and heard many people say that the 3600 pumps flow more than the 3000 pumps. Ive got a front end loader on my 74 Ford 3000 and its just so gosh darn slow. Ive heard people say they’ve converted their 3000 from the piston pump to the gear pump like on the 3600. Just curious to see if anyone here has successfully done it and would be willing to give details on how they did it. Thanks

-Dylan
Here is a custom 3000 conversion I did three years ago for an old Ford dealership. It uses the piston pump gear housing and an inexpensive ($125) off the shelf gear pump. Its a direct bolt on replacement except for the lines. The dealership that commisoned the job replaced the OEM lines with some short hoses. I have been making these for the NAA and Hundred series for qabout 10 years and they work really well.

Dan

20210316_150251.jpg

20210315_153333.jpg

20210315_153124.jpg

20210322_131530.jpg

Upvote 0
Here is a custom 3000 conversion I did three years ago for an old Ford dealership. It uses the piston pump gear housing and an inexpensive ($125) off the shelf gear pump. Its a direct bolt on replacement except for the lines. The dealership that commisoned the job replaced the OEM lines with some short hoses. I have been making these for the NAA and Hundred series for qabout 10 years and they work really well.

Dan

View attachment 1442

View attachment 1444

View attachment 1446

View attachment 1447
How much flow does that after market pump have?

Upvote 0
What engine rpm is needed to get the pump shaft to spin at 2000 rpm?
Depends on the drive ratio of the OEM camshaft gears. On the NAA, Hundred, and early Thousand series using the NCA600F pump gearing its 2400 engine RPM.

I only did the one and dont recall the final ratio of the gearing in the C5NN600A design.The pump housing itself is a roughlly 2:1 step up so ~2000 seems likely.

Concentric makes a 1.1 CID pump in that format if you wanted to spend a bit more money and push output higher. At that point you need to start thinking about the downstream plumbing.....

Dan

Upvote 0

Dan

View attachment 1442

View attachment 1444

View attachment 1446

View attachment 1447
Do you possibly have a link to where i can find that gear pump online?

Upvote 0

Dan

View attachment 1442

View attachment 1444

View attachment 1446

View attachment 1447

I can see that conversation being done on a 53-64 model Ford, but on a 3000 why reinvent the wheel when there’s one that bolts on
IMG_3743.jpeg

Upvote 0
I can see that conversation being done on a 53-64 model Ford, but on a 3000 why reinvent the wheel when there’s one that bolts onView attachment 1501
I was told it was to save a long time customer $1000 or so. Its an inexpensive conversion.

It wasnt my idea at the time and I never persued the matter beyond supplying the dealership with the conversion. Apparently they were not aware of the 3600 option and I certainly wasnt.

Dan

Last edited:
Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back