FORD 9N 3-Position Key Switch Wont shut off

I am using a 3-position key bc the new two wires I got from yesterday's tractor didn't make it a month before the back fell out. I got my tractor to run using the batt and ACC-only posts but the key won't shut the tractor off I know it's not the alternator as it is wired in but no belt bc I'm waiting on the correct size pulley. And has both a diode and a dummy light. do you have a wiring diagram? bc I followed the one jmors diagram for a 3-wire 10Si alternator. I hope it's not the switch but the dummy light goes off when the key is switched off. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a 3-position key bc the new two wires I got from yesterday's tractor didn't make it a month before the back fell out. I got my tractor to run using the batt and ACC-only posts but the key won't shut the tractor off I know it's not the alternator as it is wired in but no belt bc I'm waiting on the correct size pulley. And has both a diode and a dummy light. do you have a wiring diagram? bc I followed the one jmors diagram for a 3-wire 10Si alternator. I hope it's not the switch but the dummy light goes off when the key is switched off. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Used the post marked ING that is the ignition post and the one made to be used for what your doing

Contact us if you haven't already so we can see about Replacing/Refunding your switch. (800) 853-2651

Hello WSH, welcome to YT! Here you go, 2nd one from the top. Ford diagrams Make sure you have the alt side terminals connected correctly. An immediate test would be to disconnect the side terminals, unless you’re playing the “wiring gone terribly wrong” game that should let it shut off.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back