getting brakes on the 100

formerly ny bill

I have been cleaning the 68-year accumulated gear oil off the brakes on my Farmall 100. Finally got all the correct seals changed and the final drive reinstalled. Went to put the brake actuating rod back on, and the pin would not clear the housing without loosening all the mounting bolts and sliding the drive away from the transmission casting. So there's another hour + of my life I won't get back. If I was paying myself, I couldn't afford me.
KIMG0599.JPG

Well, that is 'wrenching'.

You usually have to take the first one apart to find out how to do it. Or learn one way not to do it.

I told the other Tech. I work with just a week ago that I may have to take 'this one' apart and break it just so I know how to get the rest of them apart.

It's always easier to take things apart (unless rust is involved) than to get them back together. Especially when you've slept a few weeks on the in between. Call it old dog school saying take pictures and notes.
this "project" is starting its 4th week. So there is that. I remembered the brake rod issue too late in the process.
KIMG0564.JPG

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back