S2710

I put a 3 wire alt on my tractor and did not put a diod in it and it would not shut off. I went to town to get a diod and came home with this. You just plug it in and you are good to go.

Bob
a66594.jpg

(quoted from post at 11:49:16 04/02/12) I put a 3 wire alt on my tractor and did not put a diod in it and it would not shut off. I went to town to get a diod and came home with this. You just plug it in and you are good to go.

Bob
a66594.jpg
he lump in the black wire is the diode. Probably paid $10 for a 25 cent diode ....but convenience has its price.

There was no name on it. I stoped for coffee on my way to town and a friend that does tractor repair was in there and I told him where I was headed and he said tht he had these. It cost me 5.00 and I didn't have to drive the rest of the way to radio shack which is another 20 miles. He said that he got them from a rebuilder and he had no idea where that guy got them.

Bob

A three pack of 5 amp diodes cost me around a $1.50. What'd that little harness cost?

Most parts store, including NAPA, have a wiring kit including the diode and instructions for a few bucks.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back