Help IDa tractor I bought

13fx

Bought what I thought was a 41 W4, but the serial number starts with a B H not W B H so I'm thinking it's a variant but can't find information on what one it would be.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240417-091714.png
    Screenshot_20240417-091714.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20240417-092456.png
    Screenshot_20240417-092456.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 124
u are correct on 41 w4. the first couple years made they had that style of rear rim, the same as the w6's. if you cant red the serial number when taking a picture , we cant either. tale the time to get it focused and the right light on it.

there isn't a w, an o, an os, or I in front of the BH ( not even a barely visible light hit from a stamp) I was thinking it might not be a W4 but some variant

I been driving these tractors for over 60 years and know what a w4 is. And I know what the orchard models are also.u have an early w4. The W u are talking about was stamped in later. It’s all correct being with BH. Before the serial number. I have serial number 34113 a 1953 model. And the highest number I have found. There was only a few more made after mine before the supers came out. Mine has all the super stuff on it.

I've never seen one that didn't start with W B H, it's good to know that the early ones didn't have the W up front. Do you know what year they changed from B H to W B H in the serial number?

It’s not a big deal. As I said… the w was stamped in front of the BH. The BH came already stamped into the tags. The W means wheeled tractor and was added at the same time as the serial number. It’s nothing to get all worked up over. Clean that tag up really good and see if there is a w in front of the 4 , which is above the BH. It’s more important to see the actual w4 in the model number.

I hope that the tractor is a good one, I have seen it listed glad someone bought so I would not have to be tempted. good luck, Mike

Good find, if the other rear tire looks as good as the one on this side that is a big plus. There are indications it has not been setting to long, hopefully the engine is not locked. Luckily and engine from a Farmall H will bolt right in.

u are correct on 41 w4. the first couple years made they had that style of rear rim, the same as the w6's. if you cant red the serial number when taking a picture , we cant either. tale the time to get it focused and the right light on it.
I have WBH 2381 also with the 24 inch 3 piece rear rims. For the first few years we thought that the W was missing from the serial plate but with careful cleaning the W was there though very lightly stamped, maybe they used a tack hammer to hit the punch!

Attachments

• DSC06183red.jpg
    DSC06183red.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 11
Thanks red, both rear tires are like new so that more than paid for the asking price. The motor is locked up, but when I loosed the drain plug black oil was the only thing to come out so Im thinking it's not going to be stuck too hard. The motor has a live hydraulic pump in front of the mag, and one that drives off the PTO. The PTo driven pump I need to replace a couple bearings and it should be good to go. Even if the rest of the tractor turns out to be a steamer I'm money ahead and happy with the buy.

Attachments

• IMG_20240418_180733815.jpg
    IMG_20240418_180733815.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240418_175133903.jpg
    IMG_20240418_175133903.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20240418_175216474.jpg
    IMG_20240418_175216474.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Thanks red, both rear tires are like new so that more than paid for the asking price. The motor is locked up, but when I loosed the drain plug black oil was the only thing to come out so Im thinking it's not going to be stuck too hard. The motor has a live hydraulic pump in front of the mag, and one that drives off the PTO. The PTo driven pump I need to replace a couple bearings and it should be good to go. Even if the rest of the tractor turns out to be a steamer I'm money ahead and happy with the buy.
I think your pto pump may be a roller pump for a spray rig. Not absolutely certain though. If it is a roller pump, it is good for about 150 psi or so.

I think your pto pump may be a roller pump for a spray rig. Not absolutely certain though. If it is a roller pump, it is good for about 150 psi or so.
Your right, when I took a look at it this morning i found it was froze up, the rear bearing rusted up. I need to replace the bearing. the inside of the pump is a bit rusty as well but I think with a bit of elbow grease I'll have it in good shape.

Your right, when I took a look at it this morning i found it was froze up, the rear bearing rusted up. I need to replace the bearing. the inside of the pump is a bit rusty as well but I think with a bit of elbow grease I'll have it in good shape.
If you really need a spray pump you might consider looking for other used pumps for sale or if you are in a rural area where they have farm auctions look for one there. Buying a bearing for that one if it is all rusty inside might prove to be a waste of money and time.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back