Hit and miss

I have 2 old hit and miss engines. I’m wondering what price I could sell them for. They were my dads. I’m selling them for my 92 yr old mom. We can’t use them. I know my dad had one running a long time ago, but the other he didn’t. Here are pictures. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1273.jpeg
    IMG_1273.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1262.jpeg
    IMG_1262.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1261.jpeg
    IMG_1261.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1269.jpeg
    IMG_1269.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1272.jpeg
    IMG_1272.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1267.jpeg
    IMG_1267.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
Shelly top left one is a fairbanks "dishpan" bottom one may be a stover. I would advertise them locally. in my neck of the woods they would go for $250-500 dollars.

I have 2 old hit and miss engines. I’m wondering what price I could sell them for. They were my dads. I’m selling them for my 92 yr old mom. We can’t use them. I know my dad had one running a long time ago, but the other he didn’t. Here are pictures. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I would like to have the Fairbanks-Morse on the left. My Dad had one and built a Air Compressor out of it and we used it all thru my growing up years and he gave it to me when he replaced it. Pretty sure it pretty well beyond repair??? They are around and shipping to east Nebraska would be expensive so not actively looking.

I agree with Jocco, and the other one is a Stover, I have one

Attachments

• Engines 008.JPG
    Engines 008.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 13
This idea is way off the subject but I have a Fairbanks engine like one this way beyond its "Running Years". I am fixing up a "Antique Machine shop" and thinking about trying to incorporate the Old Engine in so it turns with a small descreet Electric gearmotor and turning some Line shaft pulleys, Flat belts & Gears and maybe a machine. Trying to think of some idea for sound effects and puffing out steam or smoke on a timed sequence?? It would be just for "Show&Interest" and don't want any actual fire related activity. Any ideas?

This idea is way off the subject but I have a Fairbanks engine like one this way beyond its "Running Years". I am fixing up a "Antique Machine shop" and thinking about trying to incorporate the Old Engine in so it turns with a small descreet Electric gearmotor and turning some Line shaft pulleys, Flat belts & Gears and maybe a machine. Trying to think of some idea for sound effects and puffing out steam or smoke on a timed sequence?? It would be just for "Show&Interest" and don't want any actual fire related activity. Any ideas?
Do you have any photos of that Fairbanks?
I have a 1912 Eclipse single flywheel.

Do you have any photos of that Fairbanks?
I have a 1912 Eclipse single flywheel.
I don't have a picture but its just like the first 3 pictures with the dished Flywheels on each side. My Dad made a air compressor out of it with a single large v-belt pulley on one side. we ran it with a large old 1 hp electric motor and used a relief valve for pressure control.

I don't have a picture but its just like the first 3 pictures with the dished Flywheels on each side. My Dad made a air compressor out of it with a single large v-belt pulley on one side. we ran it with a large old 1 hp electric motor and used a relief valve for pressure control.
Thanks for the info Sir.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back