How did you hurt your self this week

37chief

Wounded by chain binder. I finished a mowing job today, loaded the tractor on my trailer. I preceded to chain my tractor. I was laying into my chain binder, my hand slipped off the handle. The handle hit me in the mouth, and busted my lip, and bled like crazy. Lucky it didn't break my teeth. be careful out there, you never know what will hurt you. Stan

I just came from getting the staples out from last week. I walking around the Kenworth and walked into the right hand spot mirror. 9 staples in my head,and I bent the mirror!

Wounded by chain binder. I finished a mowing job today, loaded the tractor on my trailer. I preceded to chain my tractor. I was laying into my chain binder, my hand slipped off the handle. The handle hit me in the mouth, and busted my lip, and bled like crazy. Lucky it didn't break my teeth. be careful out there, you never know what will hurt you. Stan
Never push on a wrench or load binder, always pull. I don't close any binder with out my snipe bar on it. That way I can use very little pressure and still have it tight. as far as accidents this week. nothing. had knee surgery 3 weeks ago and can't do much.

the ticker didnt stop so all must be good ... im still running. as for them boomers thats why they outlawed them at work and truckers. too many accidents with them. i hate the screw type and prefer the over centre ones.

I stepped sideways off my back porch and landed on my hip on the concrete. Fortunately no breaks or bruises. Putting filler into some nail holes on a newly-installed door frame. Porch is only 1 foot high, though. Still, not watching where I was stepping. zuhnc

I was welding a rack up for lumber and had a slug of slag land in my boot. Burned me till i got it off.
Nate
I was welding overhead on a precast connection years ago, and a big chunk went down my neck. Didn't wanna stop the bead. Kept thinking "It'll go out, it'll go out. It didn't. Still got the scar !

I'm scared if I answer this it'll jinx me.

Never push on a wrench or load binder, always pull. I don't close any binder with out my snipe bar on it. That way I can use very little pressure and still have it tight. as far as accidents this week. nothing. had knee surgery 3 weeks ago and can't do much.
I still carry a piece of pipe (snipe bar) never herd that term, on my trailer I used it to pull the chain binder. I haven't used it for years. I think I will start using that again. Stan

I was welding overhead on a precast connection years ago, and a big chunk went down my neck. Didn't wanna stop the bead. Kept thinking "It'll go out, it'll go out. It didn't. Still got the scar !
I had a big chunk of slag roll right down into a cast on my hand. Just had to grin and bear it. Then when the burn started to heal, it started itching. Just added to the itching that was already going on inside the cast.

Put a second hydraulic remote on the Cabota. Had to cut away part of the metal inner fender to make room for the valve. In the process of actually installing the valve behind that notch, I gave enough blood to qualify for a lapel pin. Being 73 and on blood thinners, any scratch bleeds like a stuck hog...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back