How did you hurt your self this week

Got a molden blob that went through the shoe & sock to the big toe before Thanksgiving. Still not healed. 3rd degree burn. It finally got a big thick scab on it. I haven't welded anything since!

Maybe time to invest in some speedbinders?

Regardless of what you think about them, you can't deny that you're not going to take a cheater pipe to the mouth from a speedbinder. Four speedbinders is less than a trip to the hospital.

Might take you a bit longer to tie down but that's probably a good thing.

Wounded by chain binder. I finished a mowing job today, loaded the tractor on my trailer. I preceded to chain my tractor. I was laying into my chain binder, my hand slipped off the handle. The handle hit me in the mouth, and busted my lip, and bled like crazy. Lucky it didn't break my teeth. be careful out there, you never know what will hurt you. Stan
The more of your posts I read lately the more I'm convinced you should stop mowing and start motor homing. At the very least, HEED YOUR OWN ADVICE. Also, scrap those over center binders if your not going to do either.

Spent two days tearing out a rotten side sill on my shop and replacing it. Had to scab the end of every joist. Tear out including dealing with rusty nails from the sill having been toe-nailed to the joists, large lag screws from the floor plate through the flooring into the old sill, and the sharp edge of the sheet metal siding hanging down below the top of the old sill. My arms look like I fought with a sabre-toothed tiger and lost.

Wounded by chain binder. I finished a mowing job today, loaded the tractor on my trailer. I preceded to chain my tractor. I was laying into my chain binder, my hand slipped off the handle. The handle hit me in the mouth, and busted my lip, and bled like crazy. Lucky it didn't break my teeth. be careful out there, you never know what will hurt you. Stan
Had right knee replaced, July 20. Still healing but getting better all the time. Went out the other day to repair some fence. Out of habit, I started to kneel at a fence post. About halfway down, I realized this isn't gonna work!! Knee still a bit stiff. But I was beyond the "point of no return," so I couldn't stand back up. So, I just kinda laid down on the ground. While I was down there, I fixed the wire. But it was a good thing there was a fence post close enough to grab so I could get back on my feet!!

Put a second hydraulic remote on the Cabota. Had to cut away part of the metal inner fender to make room for the valve. In the process of actually installing the valve behind that notch, I gave enough blood to qualify for a lapel pin. Being 73 and on blood thinners, any scratch bleeds like a stuck hog...
I bleed like crazy for the same reasons. One day I was in the shop checking out a tagalong trailer. I had drill sitting on the fender. Leaning over my head touched the drill bit and made a little scratch right in the hairline of my forehead. I'm checking the wheel bearings and sweating when the bosses son walks in and looks at me and goes into a panic, your heads bleeding. I hadn't noticed it but blood had run down the side of my face and on my shirt. You would have thought a hatchet was stuck in my head it scared him so.
Ron

The more of your posts I read lately the more I'm convinced you should stop mowing and start motor homing. At the very least, HEED YOUR OWN ADVICE. Also, scrap those over center binders if your not going to do either.
I could probably stop my mowing business. It keeps me active. If I did quit I probably wouldn't last long. As I get older I try and be more careful, Some times things just happen. I didn't realize the over center chain binders were a hazard. I guess I was lucky for 35 years loading and un loading my tractors. stan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back