How Uniiversal are Wheel Weights?

Been thinking about looking for weights for my 2424, with 24 rims. Just saw this on CL, right close to me. I asked the guy for the casting # as I know that from my parts book. What are the chances these will fit?

Set if rear weights of 460 utility tractor 28 inch rims split weights
Measured between bolt holes 11inch and 11.5 inch so not sure if they would fit others. Willing to trade also have no use for them.

Thanks!
Tim

The online parts books for the 2424 shows a few different rim centres available, and a few different weight options for those different centres. One of them matches the parts book listing for the 460. So there's a chance they'd fit, but it probably depends what centres you have on your 2424.

If they don't fit your 2424, chances are you have a less common centre on them, and finding weights that bolt on without modification might be a bit tricky. If they're cheap enough and you need them badly enough, I'd be tempted to buy them regardless: If they fit as-is, it's a bonus. If not, you may have to get out the torches and blow some holes in them to make them work. Definitely wouldn't be the first time it's been done: For some reason in my neck of the woods Cockshutt 30 wheel weights are everywhere, and you see them hacked up and modified to fit every make of tractor imaginable.

I see that now. I don't know if my rims would be considered disc Type or the other type. I will get out the tape and measure the mounting holes.
Thanks!

Pretty much each different diameter of wheel has its own weight when you're talking about disc/stamped steel wheel centers.

Ran into this problem finding weights for the 34" stamped wheels of my Dad's Farmall 656. Local guy had a 544 Utility with weights on it, but they were completely different bolt hole spacings and never would have worked.

24", 26", 28", 30" and 34" all appear to be different bolt hole spacings, in my research anyway.

When you get into the Farmall tractors with cast hubs, they kept the spacing the same from the first Hs and Ms up through the last 5488. Definitely different folks in charge.

If you can fit then inside the rims they will fit just drill new holes. My brother and Dad did that on some big case weights for his 574 then bolted them on the inside while they redrilled the holes for some F&H weights to fit the bolts on the others so they used one set of threaded rod with nuts to hold the whole set of weights on. I think the Farmall flat weights fit the holes in the plates on 28 inch rims with dished steel plate centers.

Going to pass on these, the holes are no where close to fitting my 24 rims. I can probably get the right ones any time at the local salvage yard. At least there I can return them if they won't fit.

Thanks for the information!

Tim

Going to pass on these, the holes are no where close to fitting my 24 rims. I can probably get the right ones any time at the local salvage yard. At least there I can return them if they won't fit.

Thanks for the information!

Tim
Don't remember the bolt hole spacing on a A through 140 but used them on a Kubota with 24 inch rims. Around 150 pounds each with mounting hardware but not a direct bolt up to the Kubota.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back