Hydraulic leak ford 3000

KennyCarr

New User
can anyone tell me where to buy the correct 3 o-rings that seal the hydraulic manifold on a 1966 ford 3000? I have tried several different o-rings and can’t get them to seal off it’s a small drip but I’d like to purchase the correct o-rings and seal it off

Last edited:
can anyone tell me where to buy the correct 3 o-rings that seal the hydraulic manifold on a 1966 ford 3000? I have tried several different o-rings and can’t get them to seal off it’s a small drip but I’d like to purchase the correct o-rings and seal it off
New Holland Dealer.
They are still very good about supporting seals and O rings on those older Fords.
They will fit Right.

Still leaking with new lines and new orings. Any tips or do I need to get the new lines and the tractor decked?

Kenny welcome to YT! Pictures of the leak and probably pictures of the area pulled back apart. I’m an IH guy but I suspect you are talking about where the lines from the pump bolt on the right side of the transmission. CNHI Ford 3000 parts diagram You say new lines are you sure the leak is from between the mating surfaces or it there a flaw in the joint of the new line?

Yes sir it is seeping out between the where the manifold bolts up to the tractor. I inspected both mating surfaces very well. Looking for a hairline crack and can’t find anything wrong. I will tear it back apart this weekend and get pictures

This is where it is leaking

Attachments

• 47D602C7-AE2F-4944-8031-546274CC4E9D.jpeg
    47D602C7-AE2F-4944-8031-546274CC4E9D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 0C9C6C4D-2140-4B02-998D-7D777966D426.jpeg
    0C9C6C4D-2140-4B02-998D-7D777966D426.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49

I would remove the foot board and clean the manifold and surrounding area good with brake cleaner, then look to see where the leak is coming from
Personally I don’t think it’s a o-ring, the leak could be coming from one of the pipes
I don’t remember that bottom suction pipe being factory brazed to the manifold, it’s possible there’s a pin hole leak in the braze

I would remove the foot board and clean the manifold and surrounding area good with brake cleaner, then look to see where the leak is coming from
Personally I don’t think it’s a o-ring, the leak could be coming from one of the pipes
I don’t remember that bottom suction pipe being factory brazed to the manifold, it’s possible there’s a pin hole leak in the braze
I have about 7 times it is seeping out between the manifold and the tractor. I literally laid there watching it every time I replaced the orings. I paid 30 bucks for 3 orings at new holland this last go around. I have two of these a 1966 and a 1969 and they both leak at the same spot i am at a loss on making them seal off

It would be a good place to clean up and spray with foot powder.

No sir I haven’t but I will this weekend when I take it back apart.
I agree something looks like its been doctored on. Were the o-rings round are square, round should do it square will seal a little better. When you install the o-rings do they fit nice in the grove are do you have to play with them to stay in the grove. When installed they should protrude .050 to .060 tho. That's just enoufh you feel it protrude with a finger. Its a tough place to deal with I had the same issue on a Ford truck yesterday I took it apart did not see a problem. I assembled it again no leak....

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back