in Hornitos which an old Gold Rush
town that is practically a ghost town
today. The owner was a guy about my
age who only keeps it open weekends
because his father bought it 70 years
ago. He said he is a "rancher by
trade". I like that job description. I
am going to start using it.

Sounds good! I may start to call myself a cowboy but then I do not have any cows. Do I need cows to be a rancher?

(quoted from post at 09:29:34 11/05/18) Sounds good! I may start to call myself a cowboy but then I do not have any cows. Do I need cows to be a rancher?

My elderly mother recuperated from hip surgery in a rehab place in Tucson called Rancho Sin Vaca, which translates to Ranch Without Cows.

If you are a rancher, you need to place two tall posts either side of the entrance of your driveway with a big sign across them with ranch name and brand logo. If you are a King like Jon you need to take your tractor and plow and make motes around your Kingdom. I'm a woodchuck. I have wood piles and firewood equipment around me.
Loren

This is a quote from a former cattle feeder friend who used to buy calves off a ranch in western Nebraska; "it takes more than a big hat to be a cowboy." Same thing with a 'rancher'.

Here the guy would be probably be describes as a "character". The title rancher does sound more impressive than a character.

Nope! A palisade is a fence,a moat is a ditch around the castle,sometimes full of water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking more of all the wood ACG keeps on hand. Get Jonfm, ACG, and a mason together and I'm sure they could whip up a castle in no time.

No 2, you can ranch sheep I guess, or even chickens these days per the popular ?free range chicken? trend. Nothing like the flavor of eggs from chickens that eat lots of grasshoppers and bugs....NOT....lol

Out west here any chunk of land is a ranch. Even a vegetable farm is a ranch. On our ranch we always did farm some, steep sidehills too. What I liked was the "by trade" part

When I was a biulding contractor, My companies name was Stix, Stones-N-Steel. We worked with all 3 building materials.
Loren
cvphoto1824.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back