International 606 bucket not lifting

Mel in KS

Looking at an International 606 to purchase. Diesel; sounds good. Very good tires. Dual loader in good condition. Always garaged. Owner lifted the loader
and pulled it out of garage. Shut it off before I came to look at it. Starts well. I started it to drive it. I used the side levers between seat and
fenders to check the 3-point. Worked good. Then checked the loader and it would not lift or tilt bucket. Was low on Ty-Tran. Took 5 gallon to fill. Still
loader would not lift. Turned front wheels back and forth a lot to no avail. Got to thinking, do the side levers for 3-point and pto have to be in a certain
position for the loader to work?

The guy has no manuals. First thing I would get.

All I can tell you is we had a Farmall 656 and I believe the hydraulics on that and a 606 are very similar systems. We used a 3 point blade on it that had a cylinder on it to change the blade angle. You could use the 3 point and remote to do both functions simultaneously with out a problem other than later in its life the pumps were getting worn out. The system has 2 pumps and I am not 100 percent sure but the smaller 4.5 GPM pump supplies the 3 point and steering and the larger one the remotes. However, I think there is valving that allows flow from the small pump to add to the remote flow when it has extra like when the 3 point is not in use. This ..flow divider.. valve may be where the problem lies. Does the system seem to be free of water, even setting in an unheated shed the gear case can get quite a bit of condensation in it. May be worth cracking the plugs after it has set a day or so to see if water collects in the low points. I will attach the online parts catalog for you to look over the insides of the hydraulics. The catalog is for the 2606 industrial tractor, they do not show a regular 606 diesel only a gas.
CNHI IH 2606 online parts catalog

Thanks. Got it! Went back and found this 606 has two rear remotes with flow dividers (levers), to the right and front of seat. This in addition to typical sliding 3-point levers for raising/lowering and draft. Had to hold the divider levers forward until flow kept them in place. Then bucket would lift and tilt!

Those levers are to control the remote valves, not "flow dividers."

Most likely what is going in is the loader controls are connected to one of the remote valves. You need to activate the remote to get pressure to the loader controls to operate the loader.

The $64,000 question: Is there something plugged into two of the remote outlet ports on the tractor as it sits there? If yes follow the hoses. They should lead to the loader control valve.

You may need to tie the hydraulic remote lever into position with a bungee cord to keep it from kicking out while you operate the loader. This is pretty common, and the person who is selling the tractor should have known that.

Thanks. Will take note. The guy selling has dementia and I am dealing with his wife. Poor guy can't contribute any information or experience.

Hey Mel... when ya get done buying that one come down to Springfield and buy my "NO PTO" 350 utility that i'm selling on C/L

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back