JD 1630 4WD

NZ ploughman

New User
Hi, I'm looking at a JD 1630 with 4WD front axle for competition ploughing. I'm wondering if anyone on here has any experience with the 4WD on this series?
It seems to be quite rare here in New Zealand.
Are they a reliable system?
what is the turning circle like?
They have a strange looking hub with a welded wheel centre. It doesn't look like they have planetary gears in the front hubs... I could be wrong.
Does anyone know if the front wheels can be swapped with a later series wheel with bolted centres to allow greater track width adjustment?
Keen to hear from anyone who has some experience with them.
Thanks

I was about to say " horse feathers " but checked the parts book first. It appears that NZ was getting the good stuff while other regions were not .
Hopefully tbis link will get you into the parts book .
How is the NZ spring time ? North or South Island ?
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/navigation/equipment/58903/level/2/snp/NDAxNjI6Q0hBUFRFUlsxMTU1OiNCVVNJTkVTU19SRUdJT04sMzk5OTojQ0FUQUxPRyw1ODkwMzpFUVVJUE1FTlRd
mvphoto109590.png

Hi buickanddeere,
Thanks for the quick response.
We have had a very wet year so far but starting to break into some nice warmer spring weather now. I'm in the North Island.

Thanks for the link to the parts catalog, that is useful to look at. Do you have any first hand experience with the 30 series 4WD system? I'm keen to hear anyone's experience and opinions on them.

Hello,, I am in Norway, Europe. Have a 1630 MFWD from 1979.
Right now I have to do repairs on the right front wheel hub, I notice that it is a different buildup from other JD models from same age and for the rest quite similar. ( **20 and **30 series).
Does anybody know where to get a manual on the 4wd of the 1630?
Great thanks!

Hello,, I am in Norway, Europe. Have a 1630 MFWD from 1979.
Right now I have to do repairs on the right front wheel hub, I notice that it is a different buildup from other JD models from same age and for the rest quite similar. ( **20 and **30 series).
Does anybody know where to get a manual on the 4wd of the 1630?
Great thanks!
Welcome to this forum. Which manual are you needing? You can download a Free operators manual & purchased tech manuals at the following link. https://techpubs.deere.com/en-US/Search/Equipment

Welcome to this forum. Which manual are you needing? You can download a Free operators manual & purchased tech manuals at the following link. https://techpubs.deere.com/en-US/Search/Equipment
Hello Tx Jim. Thank you and thanks for that link. I need information on how to open the right front wheel hub of my MFWD 1630 JD, from 1979. I have now downloaded the extra maintenance manual for the MFWD versions: "TM-4326". But still the disassembly ( or assembly ) of the wheel hub is not shown. I have also the manual for the two wheel drive "TM-4286", but that is a very different front axle construction.

Well, after much research on YouTube I found my video`s in the South Asian section.. There these mechanics show so many video`s, up-close of dissembling tractors.... Don`t understand a word what they are saying but the video`s themselves explain enough in detail.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back