Jd 3010 gasser.

Jake Spoon

New User
John Deere 3010 gasser
We rebuilt the zenith (cast iron ) carb set as directions stated. Will Not run properly unless the choke is pulled out. Gas tank was empty new fresh gas was put in . Can set carb at low rpms sounds great till you Rev it up coughs sputters till choke is pulled out
What are we doing wrong or missing.

John Deere 3010 gasser
We rebuilt the zenith (cast iron ) carb set as directions stated. Will Not run properly unless the choke is pulled out. Gas tank was empty new fresh gas was put in . Can set carb at low rpms sounds great till you Rev it up coughs sputters till choke is pulled out
There's probably a passage in the carb that's gunked shut and you missed that when you "rebuilt" it.

Go through the carb again. I had a Marvel Shebler that I had to do 3 times before I got it to idle right

Always eliminate quick and easy possibilities before digging deeper. Before condemning your freshly rebuilt carburetor, verify that it is getting enough gas to do its job for you. Remove the drain from the bottom of the carb float bowl and catch the gas in a suitable container. Verify that it will deliver a pint in two minutes. If not go looking for filters or other points of obstruction to clean.

John Deere 3010 gasser
I can't help, but I hope you keep posting results.The reason is; years ago someone (I think JD Seller) had a nice 3010 gas he couldn't get to consistently run right, to the point he got rid of it for a diesel, no matter what he did to the carb. Hope you have better results.

Yes, do quick and easy checks first? Do you have the correct Zenith carburetor for a John Deere 3010? Is the load needle turned 1 3/4 + - turns out? Is the accelerator pump set in the correct groove on its shaft? It is adjustable. Could it be spark? Are plugs .030 and points .022? Is your distributor timing correct? Checked with a power timing light, 20 degrees BTDC @ 1900 RPM???

Yes, do quick and easy checks first? Do you have the correct Zenith carburetor for a John Deere 3010? Is the load needle turned 1 3/4 + - turns out? Is the accelerator pump set in the correct groove on its shaft? It is adjustable. Could it be spark? Are plugs .030 and points .022? Is your distributor timing correct? Checked with a power timing light, 20 degrees BTDC @ 1900 RPM???
Will check all the above thank you. I just bought the tractor so I think it's the right one. How would I know if it is the wrong one

Zenith carb has a round tag riveted in center to the top outside of the top half of carb. On tag is the zenith model no. , as model 69 or number as 0-13429 to be correct.. Number may be- stamped -into carbs top mounting flange.. One place or the other.

Zenith carb has a round tag riveted in center to the top outside of the top half of carb. On tag is the zenith model no. , as model 69 or number as 0-13429 to be correct.. Number may be- stamped -into carbs top mounting flange.. One place or the other.
Will look next time I'm out at the farm thanks for the help

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back