JD 45 Water Pump/Gathering chains

Hillvalleymi

New User
I have a JD 45 with the HA145G engine. The bearings in the water pump failed and in the course of pully removal the housing broke. I found a replacement housing (T418T casting number) on eBay but the shaft and impeller are pretty beat up from rattling around and I d also need to locate new seals/bearings. The manual shows complete pump assembly part AT 11759T but I don t get anywhere trying to track that or the casting number down online or a few salvage places.

I read this motor was used in several other JD tractors, namely the 2010. Tracking down complete water pumps for that is easy and they re pretty cheap. From pictures the pump looks very similar, but not sure if it is bolt on compatible. Part number AT11918. For $90 I ll probably just take a chance and maybe get lucky, though none of the part/gasket numbers cross reference.

If anyone has any knowledge to share I d appreciate it or happen to have a parts combine sitting in the back please let me know.

Secondary a gathering chain broken and I have a quandary. It has the 234 wide row head. I ordered from farmchains.com and their CA555 size show s compatibility for heads of this vintage/machine but does not list the 234. In measuring my current chain it fits all the CA555 specs except the pitch is 1.5" vs 1.63. I ordered a new chain for comparison and it is certainly longer. In looking at other CA sized chains I couldn t find one that seems to be applicable. The new chains have four links between gatherers and my old chain has six.

Im thinking there is enough wear in the gear teeth that using this chain would function, however I think this would mean replacing all gathering chains on the machine to match vs splicing a few links in. I don t think having more frequent pickups would be ann issue as I d just keep ground speed low. Again any knowledge from "experienced" folks appreciated.

We have a small pig farm and I ve been using the 45 for small grains (5-10A/yr) but acquired a working 40 locally for dirt cheap with a 10 grain head. So this is the first year I put the corn head on to have a small amount of shell corn vs the corn picker. The joys of owning equipment almost twice my age

Ben

I can t help with the water pump, but I would call the fella at farm chains.com. They may have what you need but not listed on their website. I bought a clean grain elevator chain for my 55 from them. It wasn t listed but he had one made and shipped rather quick.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back