John deere 2750 PTO

MLancz

New User
I own a john deere 2750 with cab(Row Crop) serial number 5288XX. I had it split at the transmission this winter and once reassemble my PTO doesn't work correctly. I didn't touch anything related to the pto other than the hi/lo valve and the suction tubes. The sump screen was clean when checked and the hydraulic filter was replaced.

The PTO turns on and off but when it is on it has no force to run anything. It can be stopped by hand while the tractor is full idle. I adjusted the valve located on the floor in front of the seat from all the way on to all the way off and it didn't make a difference.

Is there any pointers available as where to look for my issue?

Thanks

Thanks Tx Jim. I did inspect both tubes and replaced those o-ring / washers while it was apart. The tubes seem to still be securely in place. I'm working on trying to find the proper fittings to pressure check.

I opened the pto clutch test port and cranked the engine over to make sure i had oil. What a mistake.. big mess. once the tractor was off I watched the oil level drop in that port and i assume it drained back to the sump. Should there be a back flow or does that indicate a cracked tube or rolled oring?

Sorry I can't intelligently answer that question due to no personal experience. I left JD dealership before those JD utility tractors with cabs began giving many hyd problems.

I own a john deere 2750 with cab(Row Crop) serial number 5288XX. I had it split at the transmission this winter and once reassemble my PTO doesn't work correctly. I didn't touch anything related to the pto other than the hi/lo valve and the suction tubes. The sump screen was clean when checked and the hydraulic filter was replaced.

The PTO turns on and off but when it is on it has no force to run anything. It can be stopped by hand while the tractor is full idle. I adjusted the valve located on the floor in front of the seat from all the way on to all the way off and it didn't make a difference.

Thanks
Thinking back a few years to when we split my 2955. I'm thinking if the hi-lo is working and the pto brake is working and the brakes are working correctly (aren't those all fed from the transmission pump - the low pressure side of the hydraulic system), then your problem has to be in the valve, the clutch, or the pressure line between them.

I did a pressure test and am getting 150psi to the pto clutch port while the pto is off. And while the pto is on I am getting 120 psi from the pto brake pressure test port. I get a zero psi on both gauges while switching from on to off.

I put air to the pto brake pressure test port and have air flow out the hydraulic fill cap. Would that indicate split tube/bad o-ring?

I did a pressure test and am getting 150psi to the pto clutch port while the pto is off. And while the pto is on I am getting 120 psi from the pto brake pressure test port. I get a zero psi on both gauges while switching from on to off.

I put air to the pto brake pressure test port and have air flow out the hydraulic fill cap. Would that indicate split tube/bad o-ring?
I'm sure there are people here who have more experience inside one of these than me but I do have the 2955 tech manual on my computer that I'm checking. There is a coupling sleeve between the clutch and the PTO unit that would disconnect when you split the tractor. If that wasn't coupled correctly on reassembly you would probably have nothing at all at the rear unless it was getting enough friction to turn the shaft but not transmit power. That's one possibility. Another possibility is there are two sets of oil lines in there. The two bigger lines need to come out to do any clutch work. There is a pair of smaller tubes behind the hi/lo clutch pack that connect the PTO valve to the oil manifold on the PTO clutch. They could have been disturbed while you were working in there. I'd be willing to email you a few pages of the manual if you'd like.

Thanks
Thinking about it this morning and it occurred to me that if there was a hydraulic leak (o-rings, oil tube, piston seal) any where in there, you would be pumping oil into the clutch housing. That would become obvious pretty quickly.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back