John Deere 3010 diesel

My Dirty Jens steering to the left seems to be weak. I’m fairly certain it is hydraulic steering. I have to constantly steer left to stay straight. I have to turn the steering wheel two or three turns, quickly, to get it to turn to the left. Steers right just fine. Is there a pressure adjustment somewhere or do I have to fix or replace a part?

Thank you,

Jason

No pressure adjustment, you need to fix. Do a little trouble- shooting first.. Try bleeding your steering system first. The tech service manual show you how. Try steering again. If the steering is still the same, then your problem in you steering motor?? To check motor , take the bleed hose off the cooler from the steering motor.. Run tractor and steer and see how much oil comes out the end of this bleed hose?? If a lot of oil,, then I would say you have bad orings [maybe 4) on each end of the two steering motor pistons.. Need new piston orings and clean-up cylinder walls.. Labor intense, may let a John Deere dealer do it. If you have a service manual, look over how to do it ??

No pressure adjustment, you need to fix. Do a little trouble- shooting first.. Try bleeding your steering system first. The tech service manual show you how. Try steering again. If the steering is still the same, then your problem in you steering motor?? To check motor , take the bleed hose off the cooler from the steering motor.. Run tractor and steer and see how much oil comes out the end of this bleed hose?? If a lot of oil,, then I would say you have bad orings [maybe 4) on each end of the two steering motor pistons.. Need new piston orings and clean-up cylinder walls.. Labor intense, may let a John Deere dealer do it. If you have a service manual, look over how to do it ??
Thank you

Ive seen several posts on this problem here at ytmag and also experienced a variation of it personally on my 3010 diesel. Very good chance steering valve needs rebuilt.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back