John Deere 330 Dimensions

pmackenzie

New User
Hey guys!
I'm looking at a used John Deere 330, and wondering if I'll be able to fit it on the flatbed of a truck? Does anyone know some general dimensions/weight that I could go off of?
Thanks!
P

Hey guys!
I'm looking at a used John Deere 330, and wondering if I'll be able to fit it on the flatbed of a truck? Does anyone know some general dimensions/weight that I could go off of?
Thanks!
P
Welcome to the forums.

Did you know John Deere made a 330 lawn tractor and a 330 Ag tractor? What size is the flat bed truck? Proper Identification and description of things can help.

If I guess it is a 1958-1960 vintage 330 Ag tractor and the flatbed is something like a roll back ramp truck for cars it should fit.

Enter John Deere 330 tractor in a web search and you will see both show up (separately) on the Tractor Data with the info you are looking for.

IT will not climb up a steel bed floor without something like tires to drive onto or a line to pull it up on to it . It may climb till the back end is against the ground and then the fun will start. I used to load tracked tractors with tires at the break over point to keep them from getting foolish when they tip down on the trailer deck. . IF this is a wheeled tractor it will still probably not climb without a line on it . this would be for a rollback truck.

Hey guys!
Thanks!
P
Hey sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the 330 round baler, I didn't know these other tractors existed! The biggest problems I think would be weight, and trying to get a baler on a flatbed.
P

Hey sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the 330 round baler, I didn't know these other tractors existed! The biggest problems I think would be weight, and trying to get a baler on a flatbed.
P
You got us there as we were thinking tractor, full details count.

From the JD 330 Round Baler Operator's Manual:

Weight: 3050 pounds
Length (gate closed): 135"
Width: 89"
Height (gate Closed): 91"

Now you have to compare the size and capacity the "flatbed Truck" you are looking at. You might build something like one of those small wheel movers used under a trailer tongue or a skid plate to set the tongue on. How far are you going? Why not just tow it with a pickup? YMMV.

P
What truck? Are we talking about a half ton pickup with a homemade wooden flatbed? Are we talking about a tandem axle truck with a 26' bed? Something in between?

How far do you have to go? You'd have to feel it out but most of the time you can easily do 40MPH towing an implement. Most would just hook up and go, but if you want to be thorough about it, plan on servicing the wheel bearings and bring your best pair of implement tires. Best would be a good pair of truck tires on implement rims

Hey guys!
Thanks!
P
Don't know the distance your moving it but unless your going half way cross the country I would hook my truck to it and go. Just check tires, proper inflation and grease the wheel bearings and go.

Don't know the distance your moving it but unless your going half way cross the country I would hook my truck to it and go. Just check tires, proper inflation and grease the wheel bearings and go.
Yeah I think this is the best option. Up on a flatbed would be too top heavy, also I think the wheels are too far apart.
Thanks for all the help guys!
P

If you're going a log distance, I'd make sure the wheel bearings are greased good, put some truck tires on it and go fast as you want. That's how I got my first round baler home (St. Johns Mi) from Alabama. Just over 700 miles.
I assume the lugs are reasonably standard?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back