John deere 50

I need to replace the wiring harness on my 50. Completely stock right now but want to see if I can rebuild the generator to do 12v negative. I know I can buy new wire harnesses already made and I have done that before, but I want to build this one myself.
What wire gauges should I use? I'm gonna get the wire and connectors from brillman since they have original looking wire.

It takes a couple of minutes to swap generator polarity. 15-30minutes to swap the polarity of the dash ammeter.. Evergreen sells the best gauges and are also value priced.

Is it gong to be any cheaper buying individual parts for the harness and then putting it together versus buy it already done especially if your getting it from the same place anyway??

Looking at their price for the harness, I may just buy one anyway. Wanna do it for the experience and the cool factor of saying I did.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back