John deere power steering hose 4450 - diagram?

1badmopar

New User
Today while mowing a pasture I sprang a significant hydraulic leak under the cowl. After pulling off the cowl I noticed it was the center hose at the very top of the firewall. I am assuming
that this is a power steering hose, but had not located a diagram yet to validate. There are 3 lines that enter the cab at the top/center of the firewall, I blew the middle one. It
transitions from hard steel line to a rubber line just before entering the cab firewall. Anyone have a daigram of these lines so i can confirm what it is and what I am in for while changing
them?

This is the leak. You can also see that it is leaking between the firewall and the insulation. Is this is a power steering hose?

cvphoto162328.jpg

Which red arrow is pointing at leaking hose? I think part # AR85228 which subs to RE566455 is hose you need.

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 09/05/2023 at 04:13 am.

Adding a couple diagrams from my technical manual in case anyone else searches this subject in the future. The hose I blew was the high pressure hose (middle of three). I will go ahead and replace them all while I am there. Now I am researching what it takes to pull the cowling so I can access the hoses. Hoses are on order and will make the repair once they arrive. I will follow up them with any significant updates that could be helpful.

cvphoto162603.jpg

cvphoto162604.jpg

It appears from viewing 4450 parts catalog one needs to know SGB number to get correct hose. It's confusing because tractor serial # & country of sales(Germany) is mentioned.

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 09/07/2023 at 04:14 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back