Massey Ferguson 135

lshaffer1957

New User
Hi All
My MF 135 was working fine, then when I went out to mow wouldn't start. Running through system that could cause it not to run fuel filter, air filter-replaced both..an found where the lifter pump was bad replaced it. Now it starts but then runs a few seconds and dies. Starts back up does the same thing. We have gotten the air out of the system from changing fuel filter. What could be causing this?

You don't say, but I am guessing it is a diesel. What fuel filter did you use? If you used a WIX/NAPA type did you by chance put a seal gasket in the groove around the top of the filter element?

mvphoto106149.jpg

(quoted from post at 03:48:13 05/28/23)
You don't say, but I am guessing it is a diesel. What fuel filter did you use? If you used a WIX/NAPA type did you by chance put a seal gasket in the groove around the top of the filter element?

mvphoto106149.jpg

Yes it is a diesel and yes made the mistake of putting it on the Napa filter, but found and only reason now the engine starts each time and runs for a few seconds but again then dies. I do have a slight leak on he fuel pump, wonder if this could be causing can't tighten any tighter.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back