Massey Ferguson 50 Multi-Power Problems

Hi folks. I have a 50 that I bought last fall. I've changed the transmission/hydraulic oil and added UTF, new hydraulic filter, and put it to work. After an hour or so the Mult-Power clattered a bit and then stopped shifting to hi. I brought it back to the shop, figured out there was a Multi-Power screen filter which was clogged, took the screen/pickup out and cleaned and put it back to work. Again, it worked for 1 to 1.5 hours, clattered a bit, and stopped shifting to hi. Works fine in low. Any experience with what this might be?

Not an uncommon issue with a Mult-Power system. it likely needs the clutch pack rebuilt including new seals. When the oil gets warm the clutch losses pressure and slips. In a multi power system Hi is provided by a hydraulic applied clutch with engages a higher gear, this over drives the low-speed gear set which has a overruning clutch. If the MP slips in high the overruning clutch engages and drives the tractor in low. Remember MP tractor coast downhill in low. Even a weak MP system can prevent that issue.

Hi folks. I have a 50 that I bought last fall. I've changed the transmission/hydraulic oil and added UTF, new hydraulic filter, and put it to work. After an hour or so the Mult-Power clattered a bit and then stopped shifting to hi. I brought it back to the shop, figured out there was a Multi-Power screen filter which was clogged, took the screen/pickup out and cleaned and put it back to work. Again, it worked for 1 to 1.5 hours, clattered a bit, and stopped shifting to hi. Works fine in low. Any experience with what this might be?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back