Massey Ferguson paint color

MarkFixIt

New User
Just from experience and observation I wonder why so many folks paint the older Massey Ferguson's the wrong grey. Not that big of a deal but it bothers me to see Masseys painted with some for common grey paint that looks rather sick to me. I have used flint Metallic grey and silver mist from Agco and the M1041 red. I'm told its Valspar paint. They look very nice when painted correct as I have seen like that restored 180 on here somewhere and others. Good Job! I have seen a lot painted wrong. Just my thought for the day.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. I have a MF 50 that appears to have a nice red paint job underneath Ford grey. I have been trying to slowly pressure wash it off. The engine is still the Flint Metallic grey. The previous owner liked the N's.

I feel the same way. I have a MF 50 that appears to have a nice red paint job underneath Ford grey. I have been trying to slowly pressure wash it off. The engine is still the Flint Metallic grey. The previous owner liked the N's.
Don’t do it slowly! Git ‘er done!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back