paint schemes TO30

Jimmydog

Hey gang, I have a 1952 Ferguson TO-30 that is pretty much factory original, well as far as I can tell, including the paint. The paint is faded and chalky with what I'd call a robin's egg blue color over equally faded red paint/primer. The engine is a cream color. All I've ever seen are painted that ugly dark grey primer color that I can't for the life of me understand why any manufacturer would choose to use. So I was wondering was this the Mist Grey they reference on this site and the cream color the Straw Yellow? Does anybody know if or why they used this color combination? I've seen TO-35's painted red is it possible that some late run TO-30's were painted red? and somebody painted over it? I'd like to keep this thing the same colors it was when it was born. Any thoughts anybody?

I'll check back tonight or tomorrow morning, thanks.
JD

Everything you'd want to know about Fergie paint colors:

http://fergusontractors.org/nfs/wp-content/uploads/paint/Ferguson-Paint-Schemes.pdf

Thanks for the link, lots of info there to be sure. Unfortunately it just furthered the mystery. According to that data some where indeed painted misty gray -on the rear tire hubs only. this whole tractor is misty gray, so somebody over sprayed it I guess. The thing is the fenders and hood were red and only a handful Massey Ferguson TO-30s were painted red and they were badged as MF's on the hood. This has a Henry Ferguson hood. The engine color of bronze didn't come along until 1956 (IIRC) same with off white. So the mystery continues. That's okay the thing has given me lots of mysteries. Like right now with fuel delivery for example. Hah. Anyway, hopefully somebody else may stumble across this with an idea of how it came to be these colors.

Thanks,
JD

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back