Massey Harris 30

JK99

I purchased a MH 30 a while back. Thank you to everyone who helped with the starter issues. It is running well now.

The guy I purchased it from said it had a loader on it. There are green brackets on the rear axles that I guess were attachment points for the loader. He told me he "sold the loader because it was too heavy". There are marks on the front of the frame that I think also were the loader was attached.

My question is this tractor is equipt with hydraulics. It has the cylinder under the seat that seems to work great but doesn't have a rock shaft to attach the cylinder coupler too. (ie it is attached at the base, but not on the end of the shaft) .

There appear to be attachment points for a rock shaft, I am not sure it was removed or not when the other owner sold the loader off of the tractor. The tractor has been partially painted (really just the worst spots, not a high quality restoration paint job) but there appear to be marks where something was mounted under the seat.

Was a rock shaft standard on these tractors? Searching the internet there appears to be a couple of different types depending on the year the tractor was made. I know not all of them had a Depth-o-matic, but I'm thinking that a depth-o-matic rear hitch included the lift arms and the rock arm along with the hydraulic cylinder and controls or did it?

Does anyone have pictures they are willing to share of the rock shafts on a 1949-1950 Massey-Harris 30?

Thank you.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back