MF 1020 3point no workie

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

I have a Massey Ferguson 1020, 4x4, standard, MF Loader. So I scored this tractor for free in non running condition. Has not run in at least 10 years. Was parked because of bad hydraulic pump. Got it running after going through it, tearing apart injection pump, diagnosing and fixing clogged cooling system, new starter, used hydraulic pump, filters and fluids.

Now that it starts consistently trying to figure out hydraulic problems. Loader hoses are bad. Disconnected and capped at supply and return on relief valve. Pump is moving fluid on high and low pressure side to relief valve. Pulled relief valve and inspected. Still no three point pto engaged or not.

Thinking piston might be stuck in three point assembly. Help. What should I check? Do accessory outlet hoses need to be looped not capped for three point function?

Appreciate any advice.

Ryan

look up the youtube channel 'bundy bears'. He takes apart a 3 point system on an older Ferguson but most is likely the same as you have.

There is a second channel 'Dan and Rachel Gingell' who rebuild a hydraulic pump and I think they also do the 3 point system.

This post was edited by jvin248 on 02/03/2022 at 07:34 pm.

Checked them out. This is a different animal from those.
More of a kabota style hydraulic system with a engine ran
gear hydraulic pump

Good morning, Where you capped the fittings at the tractor may be your problem.Remove the caps and replace with a hose connecting them together,right now the oil has no wheres to go and you are just overheating the oil dead heading at the relief valve.

You were right. Looped the hoses that went to the loader and the 3 point went up with the lever. My problem now is it wont go down. I pulled the hoses to the loader. Loosened the fill cap, and relief valve and it wont even bleed off to go down.

Under the front of the seat is a knob,someone may have turned it in,try to unscrew it.You may need some penetrate to loosen it if it hasn't been turned in while.

Ya I know about the knob and its function. Thats the first thing I tried. I posted in the repair restoration topic. But there is a bolt that holds the bracket that the lever shroud mounts to that was removed. The lever was moved with it out. I it has something to do with the problem
cvphoto116824.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back