MF 35 Lift Problem

rrward266

New User
I have a MF 35 SNM-214597. I just recently acquired it. It was a one owner tractor that has been extremely well taken care of. Diesel engine and power steering. Very clean straight machine. The problem I am having is the 3 point hitch raises slow. It raises under a load with no problem it’s just slow doing it. I drained the transmission oil which was really clean. Expected to find a filter, but there isn’t one in it. Filled it with the correct fluid (mineral spirits 80/90 gear oil) and it still does the same thing. Any ideas? Also can someone tell me what year tractor this is? I would greatly appreciate any input. Thank you, Randy

Thank you for replying and your answer. Any ideas why the lift is slow raising? No problem lifting weight such as a mower but just slow doing it. It also holds the weight up with no leaking off.

On my 60 MF-35 I put a new piston and cylinder for the lifting of the 3-point hitch after breaking two bolts on the old one. Now that I have it in, I can't get the hitch to do anything. I checked the top where the tube supplies pressure to other equip (that I don't have) and when I turned it over it has fluid pressure coming out. I do believe it is something in the controls. checked the 2 arms that go down to the roller and they are both in front of it like supposed to be. Still the actuator arm does nothing. When I pull it back to lift, there is a click in the arm halfway up. Please I need help, the pump is supplying fluid, but I can't get lift to move at all.

On my 60 MF-35 I put a new piston and cylinder for the lifting of the 3-point hitch after breaking two bolts on the old one. Now that I have it in, I can't get the hitch to do anything. I checked the top where the tube supplies pressure to other equip (that I don't have) and when I turned it over it has fluid pressure coming out. I do believe it is something in the controls. checked the 2 arms that go down to the roller and they are both in front of it like supposed to be. Still the actuator arm does nothing. When I pull it back to lift, there is a click in the arm halfway up. Please I need help, the pump is supplying fluid, but I can't get lift to move at all.
Butch58,

Welcome to the forums.

It is not the best idea to insert your problem into the problem another is dealing with. Even though this is a current thread, I suggest you start a thread of your own to avoid getting mixed answers between the two machines that won't necessarily help you, or the original poster that started this thread. The symptoms are different, suggests most likely will be different. Minimize the confusion, start a thread of your own.

It has been from 40 to 90 degrees. And it works at no time.
This is why I just made the post I did about starting your own thread. I believe you will find olddavid was posting to rrward266, who started this thread and has a hitch that rises slowly, not you.

Sorry I posted new thread, didn't know how it worked.
No problem, just want to see both of you get the best, most direct help with your problems.

Only other thing I would say is it might have been best to had made it here on the manufacture specific Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson Forum, rather than on Tractor and Farm Talk, sometimes there are people with excellent knowledge that only view forums for brands they are interested in. Hang in there you will figure this place out.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back