more thinning of the heard

Leon R

Saying goodbye to the JD1010U that I restored 20 years ago. Going to a nice home where it will be put to work as it should be. I had my fun restoring it. It went with the brush hog, rear blade and tire chains.
mvphoto77822.jpg

Good ones work well, Many have engine issues. The cylinders are like a 4 hole muffin pan, all together in a fixed plate. It might be the least desirable JD in the whole family. Jim

(quoted from post at 14:20:34 07/02/21) Good ones work well, Many have engine issues. The cylinders are like a 4 hole muffin pan, all together in a fixed plate. It might be the least desirable JD in the whole family. Jim
his was one that wasn't running when parked!! It had dropped a valve and they removed the head and just parked it. I picked it up in 2000 and the deck alone was $624 from mother Deere. The rest of the tractor showed very little wear. this is the piston that cratered.
mvphoto77829.jpg

Leon....I don't know. I love all the JD line. Must tell you.... That's a kick a** tractor you're letting out of the stable but I do understand. Someone else
can be happy with it and show it off or work it. Thanks for the post. Wingnut

Looks like you could cut the sleeves off the plate and put new single sleeves back in the plate. No big deal to cut a ledge in plate to hold the sleeves. 6 cyl combine.engines made the same way. 217 and 248

Not that simple as the deck plate and cylinders are the inside of the water jacket. And it has never been a problem made like that.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back