My latest "what is it" acquisition.

Dave H (MI)

Here is one of my winter tool purchases. Bought it not knowing what it is. Doesn't look like anything I will ever use. But it seemed to need a home. Says vise grip on the shiny handle which clearly looks like it is a replacement handle. The duller remainder of the tool has the logo shown in the picture. The grip is anything but vise like. It doesn't grab, has no teeth. Roughly six inches long. Seller had no idea what it was and, in this particular case, I have to say I do not have a clue.
IMG_20240417_172317303.jpg
IMG_20240417_172423662.jpg

"Training Pliers" to give to first-time users. Once they prove they can handle these useless pliers and not hurt themselves, they can graduate to the real thing.

I don't think it's a pipe crimper, the jaws have to be offset and overlap like these. But, how can I make my pictures bigger like yours? I'm using a camera and a laptop.
You click on your photo after uploading. Then select "full size." I'm pretty sure you can also click on any thumbnails that show up here and they get bigger.

Crimpper for stove pipe?
Hard to get an intelligent answer an a forum anymore, but this is a possibility I had not considered. I may have to clamp these on some scrap sheet metal and see what happens. Thinking outside the box in a world where thinking is out of style! Thanks!

Post a picture like your first one but with the handles squeezed together so the range of motion of the jaws can be seen.

Here is one of my winter tool purchases. Bought it not knowing what it is. Doesn't look like anything I will ever use. But it seemed to need a home. Says vise grip on the shiny handle which clearly looks like it is a replacement handle. The duller remainder of the tool has the logo shown in the picture. The grip is anything but vise like. It doesn't grab, has no teeth. Roughly six inches long. Seller had no idea what it was and, in this particular case, I have to say I do not have a clue.
View attachment 67459View attachment 67460

Petersen Vise Grip, the company probably made more money on specialty grips than they did on consumer versions.
If you could find the company that owns that TT? or LL? logo, that would likely give you a clue.
You could do some searching at the trademarks website here: https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/search/search-information

Are there any wear marks between the "fingers" ? Are the fingers serated for gripping?

Hard to get an intelligent answer an a forum anymore, but this is a possibility I had not considered. I may have to clamp these on some scrap sheet metal and see what happens. Thinking outside the box in a world where thinking is out of style! Thanks!

It's a good idea to employ a sense of humour when perusing internet forums.

If anyone is wondering, my previous post was an attempt at that very thing.

Part of a tool kit for spooling badminton and tennis racquets. Really.

Stove pipe crimper

Never played a round of tenis in my life. I “cheated” and used reverse image search and that led me down an internet rabbit hole where I found that eBay link.

Lol.

I was gonna ask you if you knew what it was or if you had looked it up.

I wouldn't consider that cheating unless this was a contest. I view it as providing information.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back