Need help getting front differential to drop ford 2110

usatracy

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by Bern on June 21, 2023 at 14:00:41.
The original subject was Re: Help Ford 2110 4WD removing front wheel outer case.

ok, it's 2 months later and I am back on this project, too friggin hot during the day too many bugs at night.

I need to drop the entire front differential, I removed all the steering linkage and removed the 4 large 15/16 bolts that APPEAR to be the only thing holding it on the tractor.

The tractor is held up on the front with jacks, I have a large jack under the differential. The driveshaft is technically still installed, I did remove a 1/2 inch bolt at the rear of the driveshaft and tapped the cover it held on with a hammer and it moves twists.

I have the big bolts out let the jack out and the differential just hangs there didn't drop at all.

I don't see anything else holding it in place.

My plan was to drop it an inch to clear the mount in front, then slide it forward hoping the drive shaft is on splines and will come off prior to dropping it all the way.

Why will the differential not just drop when the jack is let down , i see no other bolts or nuts.

It is probably just sticking on the dowel pins. Lower the jack just a little and use a pry bar to get the mounts to release from the dowel pins.

Mark

10-4 that did it, now, what about the driveshaft, i dropped the diff a little, the drive shaft still connected

THANKS I will go out this morning and give it a tug now. I come here cause I am CAREFUL, parts hard to find for this thing lol
Thanks again

ok, i got it out, now to start tearing it open to find out what got damaged and locked it up when i ran it with zero fluid in it for several hours lol. oops

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back