NH 890 chopper question

kwranch

New User
I have a new holland 890 chopper and looking for a hay head and a narrow corn head. At mycnh site it's very Vague as to which models can fit. Does anyone happen to have knowledge on these? I've found a 890w head and a 990w head will they fit?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Both grass heads will fit. I think the 990w head is wider than the 890w. Can't recall if the 890w head has open ends on the pickup or not. Open is definitely a big plus to use.
For corn heads, an 824 head is nicer than an 822 head (extra gathering chain on the 824, but I have used an 822 head successfully for years). Both will fit, but be advised that the corn heads had mounting adapter kits so that they could be used on the 782/790 choppers which had narrower throats. bottom line, any head that would go on an 890, 892, or 900 chopper will work. The corn heads for those 3 model choppers will be plug and play, but if corn head came off a 7xx series chopper, a kit would be needed, and the kits may be hard to find.

Thank you, so the 890 should be a direct fit then? I also just located a 900w about 3 hrs away. Im still a little confused on the corn heads, NH doesn't list a 824 or a 822 as a fit.
Thank you for your help

Thank you, so the 890 should be a direct fit then? I also just located a 900w about 3 hrs away. Im still a little confused on the corn heads, NH doesn't list a 824 or a 822 as a fit.
Thank you for your help
824 was made after the 890 was discontinued so probably not in original print material relative to the 890. NH while the 824 was in production required the order of what they called a bundle kit which means a kit for specific mount to a given harvester model. I've got an 890W head on a 790 so maybe tomorrow I can look to see if any adjustment is on it for a wider throat versus premade pieces that would need changing.

do you know if the 990w is a better hay head than a 900w ?
Both grass heads will fit. I think the 990w head is wider than the 890w. Can't recall if the 890w head has open ends on the pickup or not. Open is definitely a big plus to use.
For corn heads, an 824 head is nicer than an 822 head (extra gathering chain on the 824, but I have used an 822 head successfully for years). Both will fit, but be advised that the corn heads had mounting adapter kits so that they could be used on the 782/790 choppers which had narrower throats. bottom line, any head that would go on an 890, 892, or 900 chopper will work. The corn heads for those 3 model choppers will be plug and play, but if corn head came off a 7xx series chopper, a kit would be needed, and the kits may be hard to fin

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back