Obsolete 2130 Fuel Line Part AL25035

My 1977 Model 2130 has been sitting up for about 7 years. At my age it is just too hard changing implements on my 2355, and life would be a lot easier if I could get the old 2130 going again.
So I had a friend install the radiator and water pump I had bought years ago. And today, to my amazement, it cranked right up. But there is a small leak in what I think is a fuel return line. It has a banjo connection on one end and a regular fitting on the other end. The JD dealer found the part listed as AL25035, but he said it was obsolete, and he couldn't get it. I found what I think is the same part in the online parts catalog, although it shows as a rigid metal line. Perhaps the one on my tractor had been replaced by a previous owner.

Assuming I really cannot get the correct part, I figure I could jury rig a line if I could get the correct size banjo fitting and maybe reuse the fitting on the other end. The tractor I.D. is Typ: 2130, Code: 2130B, SN 238209, and it was made in Mannheim. I sure would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
Charlie

BTW:
This is the line we took off the tractor.
mvphoto112653.jpg

And this is what I found in the online parts catalpg.
mvphoto112654.jpg

Carefully cut off the crimp sleeve at each end, find some rubber fuel line that fits and install it with a couple of hose clamps.

Rubber line for use in gasoline fuel injection systems will be tougher/more resistant to pressure pulsations that may occur in the return circuit of diesel fuel systems than basic rubber fuel line.

Or, a local diesel injection repair shop may have some good return line that fits.

Thanks! I followed your suggestion, and it worked. Once I cut away the crimped sleeve, it revealed a banjo connector just like the ones I saw online. That got it running after about 7 years of sitting. But now I have a different issue, which I'll address in a separate post.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back