Oil Can help

jd2cyl1943

I posted this on the JD forum, but I thought I'd post it here a well.
A friend of mine wanted me to research this oil can and so far I have came up very unsuccessful. Does anybody on here know what year this is? Also, what year did this style come out and when did they quite making them? And finally, does anybody know anything about the Associated Dealers Supply in Willmar, MN? I'm sure she'd appreciate any info you have.
tf1709174860308.png

A friend of mine wanted me to research this oil can and so far I have came up very unsuccessful. Does anybody on here know what year this is? Also, what year did this style come out and when did they quite making them? And finally, does anybody know anything about the Associated Dealers Supply in Willmar, MN? I'm sure she'd appreciate any info you have.
View attachment 61023

I would bet 1950's. I remember metal cans from the 60's that have removable spouts so the cans could be stacked. I have one of those from the 60's that I use for Kerosene, but that spout leaks a little where it's threaded.
DWF

View attachment 61023
Ask Mr. Thinker in the Green Magazine. Ron MN

This one sold at a Mecum auction in 2019 for $1298

1709519947850.png

I think the type you have shown is from the 40 - 50's. Ones from the 50 -60's did not have a smaller cap on the spout.
I remember during the 70's we used a Kendall brand can like yours while growing up to keep diesel in.

Look on the bottom for manufacturer markings.

We used to fill 3-4 of that exact type of can with gasoline before heading to one of the remote farms for haying.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back