Old Firestone front tires

Forget juding completely. Exibitors will be more happy. I have seen signs that say do not judge, but mostly on car shows. We do not even have a full list of everybody that shows as some will pull in for one day only and never register. Spread out too far to get acurate count as they are moving in or out all the time. A lot of exibits don't even have owners name on them. I have in past worked pull for 30 years, health will not let me anymore. All tractors strictly out of field units. even weight brackets on tractor will disqualify. Newest would be 1956 for chance as small plack for first, second and third place pull, only low gear, 2 rear weights or fluid, no front weights. no distanc recorded. Only year, make model and owner or driver. No admission to grounds. Usually about a hundred pullers. Pull was always supposed to be strictly out of field class. Too many started abusing the rulls and several years ago I told the club either it gets back to the out of field class or I was out. They decided they wanted me to over see the rewriting of the rulls to help make things safer. Still using the rulls I helped write.

If you want to do something just oldest, farthest traveled things like that. And what town is the show in?

I don't know, maybe. It's just one of those original things that sparks some little emotion in me when I see it.

Would you say that if we were talking about no winners in kids sports and everybody just gets a participation trophy so nobody feels bad? It's amazing that a bunch of old goats who'll complain about that until the veins pop out in their neck would be all b hurt about their tractor not winning best restored when there's one that's a little bit more correct. You know full well that what I'm saying is true.

In other words Leroy, "everybody gets a trophy" by virtue of not awarding any trophies.

If only people could just not get so psycho about competition. You should have an attitude that if you win you win, you lose you lose. None of this, "It's not fair" garbage.

It's not the "entitled young" crying and complaining either. It's the OLD PHARTS, because tractor competitions are an old phart thing. The young ones, what few there are, have the right attitude, just happy to be there.

Randy my hat is off to you club members for trying to make the effort to judge the small differences for the people that put in all the time and effort. My hat is especially off to you for having the courage to bring it up here and get beaten up by people who can't be bothered to take the time to read a whole initial post yet will still enter a post.

Looks like this, correct?

They do work much better then the solid outer rib. The notches allow the tire to bite and grab the wall of a ditch or berm or furrow and turn out of it instead on a solid ring that simply skips along a ridge without climbing over it

cvphoto153090.jpg

cvphoto153091.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back