Oliver 550 PTO Clutch Replacement, Anything else?

89 MJ

So I win the prize of changing the PTO clutch in my 68 Oliver 550. I know that I need to also replace the rear main seal. There is also a seal at the front of the transmission that I need to replace as it leaks. Does anyone have a part number for that seal? Is there anything else I should be replacing while I'm in there? This is my first and only tractor, so I asking because a) I don't know what to expect and b) I don't want to have the tractor out of commission long.

So I win the prize of changing the PTO clutch in my 68 Oliver 550. I know that I need to also replace the rear main seal. There is also a seal at the front of the transmission that I need to replace as it leaks. Does anyone have a part number for that seal? Is there anything else I should be replacing while I'm in there? This is my first and only tractor, so I asking because a) I don't know what to expect and b) I don't want to have the tractor out of commission long.
You could also ask Mark at Korves 6189396681. they also have all the parts.

Korves has a seal kit. I just done a s55 and there are 10 or more seals, o rings and bearings for the PTO. Several could be leaking. You will need a special tool to remove front seal.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back