Other make hubs/rims for Massey Harris 22

CharlesTx

My Massey Harris 22 has 11.2 x 34 inch rear tires. They are cracked and coming apart. Since 11.2 x 34 are almost non existent and very expensive. I am trying to find a different solution. Could be different brand hub/rim that would allow 36 inch like my super c farmall or a hub/rim swap from another model Massey Harris. I hope someone has faced this before and can offer some guidance. This is not a show tractor I am just trying to keep it going without spending more on tires than the tractor is worth.

You might get lucky finding some with the right centres. What's your bolt spacing and centre hole diameter? I know the slightly later Masseys had the same pattern as many Allis's (6" centre hole, 8 bolt on 8" bolt circle). Not sure if that goes back as far as the 22 though.

I no longer worry about trying to find the bolt pattern and centre hole size I need, because I never can. I can either find a set of used tires and rims the size I want in excellent condition with the wrong bolt pattern, or the right bolt pattern with pooched tires and rusted-out rims.

Instead, I'll find a set of wheels/rims the tire size I want regardless of bolt pattern. I then get discs torched on the plasma table at a local fab shop with the bolt pattern and centre hole I want, and out of steel the same thickness as the rim centres. It costs a little less $200 for them to make them each time I've had them made. Then I carefully cut out the old centres, grind a good bevel on the new adapter plates for a nice weld prep, and weld the new centres in. If you're a good welder, it'll look (almost) factory. If I spent a little more time gtrinding and finishing I could probably get them to look even better. Doing it this way means I can pretty much get whatever size tires/rims I want.

See this thread (link below) for a picture of some I made for an Allis. The tires/rims cost me $200, plus another $200 for the adapter plates and some time doing the conversion. Still a pretty good deal in my opinion, and I'm not stuck searching the country for the right bolt pattern.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You might get lucky finding some with the right centres. What's your bolt spacing and centre hole diameter? I know the slightly later Masseys had the same pattern as many Allis's (6" centre hole, 8 bolt on 8" bolt circle). Not sure if that goes back as far as the 22 though.

I no longer worry about trying to find the bolt pattern and centre hole size I need, because I never can. I can either find a set of used tires and rims the size I want in excellent condition with the wrong bolt pattern, or the right bolt pattern with pooched tires and rusted-out rims.

Instead, I'll find a set of wheels/rims the tire size I want regardless of bolt pattern. I then get discs torched on the plasma table at a local fab shop with the bolt pattern and centre hole I want, and out of steel the same thickness as the rim centres. It costs a little less $200 for them to make them each time I've had them made. Then I carefully cut out the old centres, grind a good bevel on the new adapter plates for a nice weld prep, and weld the new centres in. If you're a good welder, it'll look (almost) factory. If I spent a little more time gtrinding and finishing I could probably get them to look even better. Doing it this way means I can pretty much get whatever size tires/rims I want.

See this thread (link below) for a picture of some I made for an Allis. The tires/rims cost me $200, plus another $200 for the adapter plates and some time doing the conversion. Still a pretty good deal in my opinion, and I'm not stuck searching the country for the right bolt pattern.

You mean building them like this?:
Allis to Massey center.jpg

Allis power adjust to fit my 101 Jr. Massey. (before the weldup). Bandsaw and jigsaw work. steve

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back