parts help for 730 case-o-matic

my darn 1030 don't like to stay put, I think the draft lever creeps, I'm sure it needs adjusted, I'm slowly fixing stuff on the old girl as I have time and funds
There should be a spring through the lever at the pivot with a spring on it, tighten that to add friction to the lever so it stays in place. They need o move pretty hard to hold in place.

The draft o matic is just a standard 3pt hitch system as found on all tractors after the switched over to the standard system. The draft sensing part is for plowing so when the tractor starts pulling hard and the tires squat and such the hitch will lift on the plow a bit to compensate and also add traction when needed. On the floor on the right of the seat is a lever with 4 holes in the floor. There should be a couple buttons on the floor with a P on the right and an S on the left. The P slot is the position setting and is used for everything except the plow. In that setting the hitch just stays where set. The other slots are the draft settings from light to heavy draft to set for soil conditions for plowing.

The com is the toughest drive system ever made, most have never been touched. It's a torque converter just like a car, only tough and with manual shift and lock up. The hardest part for most to get used to is driving it like a car, so you always let the clutch out at idle and give it gas to move. On most of the higher gears you will let the clutch out and it won't move at all til gas is applied. Yours, being a later model, does have a feathering valve, so you can if you choose let the clutch out at higher rpms. That does work, but I never use it. Once you get moving, there is a lever to the left of the high/low lever to the left of the steering column. Once moving you can lock it into direct by lifting that lever. Then it will pull like a regular dry clutch. When you get to a tough spot and run out of power, just drop it down to com and power through. In com you can never run out of power because it will just keep slowing as rpms drop til either the tires slip or you get through. They are one of the best for loader work as it's the same drive system still used in heavy construction loaders. Most who learn to drive them love them. Most case people that have them say it is the last tractor to leave the farm.

Good luck with yours. In the future go down to the case page and visit with us down there, we are a friendly and helpful group.
Will do! Thankyou.

GDJR, welcome to YT! Go to the top and click the red tractor silhouette, then just scroll down its in the Manufacturers section. “Case & David Brown” In case you want to come back here and don’t realize it, you are currently in the Tractor & Farm Talk forum it is at the top of the list.
Here are links to the manufacturers online parts catalog. I am placing two because I don’t know your serial number. Which one depends if your SN is above or below 8253500.

Last edited:
GDJR, welcome to YT! Go to the top and click the red tractor silhouette, then just scroll down its in the Manufacturers section. “Case & David Brown” In case you want to come back here and don’t realize it, you are currently in the Tractor & Farm Talk forum it is at the top of the list.
Here are links to the manufacturers online parts catalog. I am placing two because I don’t know your serial number. Which one depends if your SN is above or below 8253500.
That’s awesome! Thank you, sir.

@GDJR your 1030 has the draft-o-matic on it too, as keith said its a pain in the arse for anything but plowing, I don't use the 3 point on my 1030 much at all, if I am doing something that needs 3 point, I grab the 800 or 830 with eagle hitch, its way easier to control in my book! I like the Case-o-matic for a lot of operations, it is awesome on a square baler, you knock it down into convertor and then can stand on brakes and basically stop forward motion to let the baler eat a lump while keeping the engine at PTO speed! the 800 and 830 I have are both COM, 1030 clearly not, I like the 1030 on the baler for visibility but the COM is way slicker to use, 800 and 830 are both short hood eagle hitch tractors, never ran an 830 comfortking COM on the baler, that may be the ticket, 730 COM would be identical except for the engine size!
My 1030 does not have COM. it doesn’t even have three-point. Just thousand RPMPTO. I really only use it for pulling a disk. But I do love the tractor.

The draft o matic is just a standard 3pt hitch system as found on all tractors after the switched over to the standard system. The draft sensing part is for plowing so when the tractor starts pulling hard and the tires squat and such the hitch will lift on the plow a bit to compensate and also add traction when needed. On the floor on the right of the seat is a lever with 4 holes in the floor. There should be a couple buttons on the floor with a P on the right and an S on the left. The P slot is the position setting and is used for everything except the plow. In that setting the hitch just stays where set. The other slots are the draft settings from light to heavy draft to set for soil conditions for plowing.

The com is the toughest drive system ever made, most have never been touched. It's a torque converter just like a car, only tough and with manual shift and lock up. The hardest part for most to get used to is driving it like a car, so you always let the clutch out at idle and give it gas to move. On most of the higher gears you will let the clutch out and it won't move at all til gas is applied. Yours, being a later model, does have a feathering valve, so you can if you choose let the clutch out at higher rpms. That does work, but I never use it. Once you get moving, there is a lever to the left of the high/low lever to the left of the steering column. Once moving you can lock it into direct by lifting that lever. Then it will pull like a regular dry clutch. When you get to a tough spot and run out of power, just drop it down to com and power through. In com you can never run out of power because it will just keep slowing as rpms drop til either the tires slip or you get through. They are one of the best for loader work as it's the same drive system still used in heavy construction loaders. Most who learn to drive them love them. Most case people that have them say it is the last tractor to leave the farm.

Good luck with yours. In the future go down to the case page and visit with us down there, we are a friendly and helpful group.
Ditto for keeping the Case-o Matic forever Jon . I am No longer doing row crops , I only do Hay and cattle and I LOVE the novelty of My 1958 411b and 58 800b Case-o Matic. .. Just a FYI for You guys . I have For Sale and in safe keeping another Clutch Pack Torque Converter for My 800 ,,.. It is out of a 1964 830 and should work in the 800, 730,830 family ... But I really don't think I will ever need it ,, Now . I Just Bought it because the tractor was being scrapped because the gas motor was stuck after it took too much water after the Ol' grandpa died that took good care of it. and his kids did not ,,.. No doubt someone is looking for one

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back