PJ Trailer ramps

KTNC

Hello - I have a PJ 25 foot GN which I like. When I bought it it had the plates over the ramps when closed for extra parking but since I only haul 1 tractor I didn t need the extra space and removed the plates as they made the ramps much heavier for lifting. The problem is now the ramps when down float instead of lying on the ground due to the springs. Does anyone know of a lighter spring or other method to prevent this? Dealer is no help. Thanks

How many lift assist springs are on the ramps? Try removing one and see
if they will lay flat. They might be pretty heavy to lift though if you
do this.

There is only 1 spring on each ramp and yes they are heavy without the spring. I wonder if they are supposed to be on a certain way as I see right and left springs inPJ parts but mine all face the same way?

Tried to call PJ too impossible to get anyone on the phone

There are different springs according to what ramps you have, your plated ramp will have a stiffer spring than my standard narrow ramps
I broke the spring on the left ramp Saturday, local trailer shop that sells Legacy trailers had one in stock that also works on the Golden brand I was pulling, same spring works on my Pro Trac trailer

Just lay a plank or other piece on the bottom of the ramp to hold it still. Yup inconvenient but easier than fighting the float problem. Or put your plates back on.

(quoted from post at 11:14:10 11/15/23) Just lay a plank or other piece on the bottom of the ramp to hold it still. Yup inconvenient but easier than fighting the float problem. Or put your plates back on.

x-2 on cat guy. If that's the only issue you have don't worry over it. been there did it.CM

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back