Portable Air Compressors

I have a Rolair that I fixed up from 2 junk ones. I like and it works great. I replaced the broken Honda engine with a new
one from Harbor Freight. Ended up with about $200 in it total.

With compressors, you get what you pay for.

If you got 17 years out of 2 compressors, stay with what you've been doing. Going from consumer duty to a commercial or industrial compressor is a huge price difference.

The other alternative is to find a used commercial/ind and take a big chance that there is a good reason it's up for sale. Parts can be ridiculously expensive. Then there is the tank condition to consider.

Do avoid the oil less compressors. They have their purpose, but longevity is not one of their traits.

If I were buying one I would go with Ingersol Rand. Campbell Hausfeld used to make great compressors but they are terrible now. They put the knob where you adjust the air pressure right next to the pressure switch where you have H adjusting the pressure. The worst of
it is they don't coat the inside of the tanks with anything anymore. I bought one to replace a compressor I used for nearly 30 years and found from day one a sea of rust came out of the tank when you drain it. One day I ran an inspection camera inside the tank and
found the inside was just raw steel.

My Porter-Cable 6 gal pancake compressor has to be over 20 years old. It's been used a bit, but I also
have a Porter-Cable twin-tank contractor's compressor that's portable but twice as heavy as the pancake
compressor, it's my inside the house compressor. And my BIG compressor is a Porter Cable 7-1/2 hp 80
gallon 2-stage 165 psi and 26 CFM compressor they don't make anymore. I also have quite a few Delta
power tools. I used to work for a division of PENTAIR, who owned Porter-Cable and Delta till they sold
them off to Stanley/Black & Decker.

I'd buy a DEWALT compressor. I bought a Dewalt kerosene heater after my 15 year old Ready-Heater died
on me. Wife bought a 2 gallon DEWALT garden sprayer a week ago. Much better built than anything we've
bought in the last 20 years. DeWalt may not be the cheapest, but right now they seem to make the easiest
to use and most reliable stuff.

Say these on ebay recently. Have seen where the name EMGLOW was purchased by Dewalt. I have seen the unit on some Dewalt compressors. Don't see why it could'nt be adapted to repair several brands of the smaller compressors.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233888723342?hash=item3674dab18e:g:LhgAAOSw3FFgIVPU

mvphoto76738.jpg

Agree, avoid noisy oil less.
I bought a $100 cheapie HF with oil.
That works for me in garage attached to house.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back