Posts/Threads Moved here?

cpratt

Administrator
Staff member
All the threads across the site that are Site Comments oriented, have or are being moved to Site Comments. This includes posts in Tales and TTalk and possibly some others. If your post in those forums disappeared and was related to comments about the site, it was not removed, this is where they landed. They are indeed comments about the site. I believe Kim will be moving more here as they are found.

On another forum I belong to, when a thread is moved, the title will remain in the original forum. Then when you click on it a note will come up saying, "This thread has been moved.", along with a link to the new location. That way, the original poster, plus everyone else, will know what happened to it. Will we have that here?

On another forum I belong to, when a thread is moved, the title will remain in the original forum. Then when you click on it a note will come up saying, "This thread has been moved.", along with a link to the new location. That way, the original poster, plus everyone else, will know what happened to it. Will we have that here?

I've seen that too.

We can do that. The way Kim moved these was to set a time limit for how long the thread will still appear in the original forum and then it will disappear, which it did after a few minutes (remaining grayed out in the original forum for that time). There was logic to that because the reason to move them was to tidy up the other forums by moving Site Comment type posts out of there. It sends an email notification to the person that started the thread so they are informed immediately.

Yes, we'll have that ability too. Today was my first attempt at moving threads, but I think the option to add a prefix "Moved" is available and a link to where it was moved to. I'll work on learning how to best use the move feature.

All the threads across the site that are Site Comments oriented, have or are being moved to Site Comments. This includes posts in Tales and TTalk and possibly some others. If your post in those forums disappeared and was related to comments about the site, it was not removed, this is where they landed. They are indeed comments about the site. I believe Kim will be moving more here as they are found.
Not sure how hard it is to do it but this should be a note frozen
Hello and Happy New Year. Not sure how hard it is to do it but this should be a note frozen at the top of Tractor Talk for a few days and probably Tales as well. I do not view that forum but I suspect the New Software discussion was nearly as heavy there as it was in “Talk” for a few days. FYI, since I have chosen to not receive emails that alert me every time someone replies to my post I did not get an email that my “New Forum Format” Topic had been moved here. Aside from that I can also see this as a moderator move to calm down the new software discussion and move topics back to normal discussion which may not be the worst idea. Many do not come down to S. comments, and if they do not get an email the question of “poof” is going to come up! Thanks for wading through all the turmoil!

I wondered about that. Thanks for the heads up

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back