Re: Case 1194, missing dipstick

ADB-Ia

I would think your dealer could order one for you. If not he could tell you what models used the same dipstick (there might be several motors that use the same one) and look in tractor salvage yards for one. Or you could make one by finding a dipstick that fits and make your own marks on it. Change the oil, fill to specified capacity (number of quarts as prescribed by manufacturer), run for a while, on a level area, shut down, let cool, pull dipstick and make your full mark at the oil line. 1/2 inch or so below that make your add mark.

Change oil fill to a Qt or Half gallon low. Check stick and mark then finish filling pull stick and mark. Will give accurate levels for both full and add marks. Do let set for half an hour or so between checks and after first filling.

I have two 400 farmalls. One had a dipstick and the other did not. I drilled through the block and added a dipstick to it by using the first dipstick as a pattern. Can you make one? I used one from a car that was long enough that I needed to cut it down. By putting it into the first tractor I could mark the new dipstick to show the same oil level as the first tractor had when it was
full.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back