Really Like The New Format and Upgrade

Welll I HATE it and it is not am upgrade but a DOWNGRADE. I am still trying to hang in but don't know how long I will be able to do that. And I do know others do not like it either. Very hard to follow anything And when searching a bunch on nonsence comes up and blocks what you are trying to see. I knew when you were talking about a new forum it was going to start destroying the site, same as modern did when you brought it out. Got rid of a lot of information on orignal poster tha twe liked to have. And with this new setup cannot tell who the poster is without opening the post and there are posters that I do not want to open. On here since before you started registering posters so site was probly only a couple of years old at most. I am sure you are loosing old posters because of this new setup.

Welll I HATE it and it is not am upgrade but a DOWNGRADE. I am still trying to hang in but don't know how long I will be able to do that. And I do know others do not like it either. Very hard to follow anything And when searching a bunch on nonsence comes up and blocks what you are trying to see. I knew when you were talking about a new forum it was going to start destroying the site, same as modern did when you brought it out. Got rid of a lot of information on orignal poster tha twe liked to have. And with this new setup cannot tell who the poster is without opening the post and there are posters that I do not want to open. On here since before you started registering posters so site was probly only a couple of years old at most. I am sure you are loosing old posters because of this new setup.

Completly the opposite in my opinion.

Far, far superior to the previous mess.

You need to set your preferences which will reduce the issues you are having.

If you really don't want to see any posts from a member you can chose to ignore them. Guessing you are using a computer, not a phone, click on their avatar, at the left of one of their posts. A flag will open. near the bottom you will see an "Ignore" button. Click on it, they are put on your ignore list, and you will not see their posts. Their name may show up in someone else's post, if they quoted the person you ignored, but not the content of the quoted post.

Ignore.JPG

The name of the poster is clearly written just below the title of each thread. So you can decide whether to open it or not. This isn't rocket science.
My bet is, he wants a thread to look like it did in Classic View, before opening said thread.
Some people have said they do not even open a thread started by certain people. As well as a thread that has a lot of people posting in it that they do not care to see.
Classic View allowed you to see all the usernames posting in the thread before opening that thread.
So you could avoid certain users or stalk certain users or jump in to argue with certain users and also tag along with certain users.
Before opening the thread.

Now it is evidently a monumental task to open a thread only to find it full of users you have been trying to avoid.

Leroy, I'd like some more info on what isn't working for you. There is an envelope up next to your user name. If it has a red number or something in that box, it means I've opened a private conversation with you, like the old "send email" link. You can respond if it is of interest to you. steve

I am going out on a limb here and making an assumption that the person having the difficulty adjusting to the new site is like others here that have bemoaned the new look. This may be the only internet site visited by them, they are used to the old archaic forum, and they have no idea that what we are using now basically looks and functions like what virtually every other site on the interweb has been like for many years. The old site was on life support for years, and everyone knew it. The time finally came to put the Edsel out in the fence line and bring out the new Lincoln.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back