reault 80 s hydraulic conversion

dadand

New User
Old Renault 80s tractor has single output hydraulic which I wish to convert to two outputs
pictures include of distributor which has outlet for second line. Pictues show dismantled single outlet has complex fixings do I need something like these to attach second outlet
Thanks Andrew

Attachments

• renault 80s.jpeg
    renault 80s.jpeg
    625.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240324_171047.jpg
    IMG_20240324_171047.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240324_170836.jpg
    IMG_20240324_170836.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240324_170720.jpg
    IMG_20240324_170720.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240324_171108.jpg
    IMG_20240324_171108.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
Hello dadand, welcome to YT! Where are you in this world? A Renault tractor is a bit of an oddity here in the US where the majority of our forum members are from. Not saying that some didn’t make it over here, but not an abundance of knowledge on them here. There is a gentleman on here that is in Europe, where I suspect you are. If you reply here with your location I will alert him. There is a possibility he could help you or knows someone who can.

It will require more than removing a plug and adding a fitting. The inner workings of the valve will be different. Specifically the part called the spool. When you compare a single acting valve to a double acting valve of the same brand and series (i.e. a Gresen 400-series), the valve body is the same but the spool is cut much differently for single-acting. The design of the spool is to allow free return of fluid when the lever is moved to the "lower" position without applying pressure anywhere else.

If the tractor doesn't "grunt" and make "hydraulic noises" when you push the lever to lower, then it has a single-acting spool in the hydraulic control, and it will be a lot of trouble to convert it, if that is even possible. This is an older tractor I assume (can't really find any information on a Renault 80s, all I come up with are Renault cars from the 1980s) so unless there are a lot of them in scrapyards, finding parts may be difficult.

My recommendation is, put everything back together the way you found it. Use that single acting valve as a pressure source, and add on an aftermarket double-acting valve. Connect the output of the factory valve to the "IN" port on your aftermarket valve, and run the "OUT" back to the hydraulic reservoir (through the fill hole, or level check plug, or even the drain plug).

The aftermarket valve you are looking for would have the features "Open Center" and "Dual Acting." From there you can have one, two, three, or even more spools/functions.

Can you pick a model from the listing on this linked site? Renault tractors on tractordata Maybe yours just happens to not be listed there. What may have caused some confusion is that over here “80s” is a general term that often means a specific range of years during 1980 - 1989.
Tractordata lists several "80" models but no "80S" or "eighty-ess" or even just a plain 80. There are some google results for 80S tracteur but no technical information on it.

What are you going to use the 2nd remote for? You could buy a separate double function valve and run the hoses from your remote to it. You will have to lock the original lever into operation. This would work but you would have some additional clutter on your tractor. I was going to say your tractor might look a little “boogered” but I looked up the Brit meaning and that is probably not what you would call it. I am sure Majorman will get around to this eventually.

Running a benn or tipping bucket on back. Thanks for all the good advice. I'll probably add the second valve as recommended thanks 👍

Running a benn or tipping bucket on back. Thanks for all the good advice. I'll probably add the second valve as recommended thanks 👍
Just so your aware and understand clearly, I mean a valve like this. Two spool double acting valve I suppose it is understood that if the one remote you have is hooked to the double valve it can’t be used for something else. You will have to determine if you want “detent” style that will hold the lever engaged until the cylinder ends it stroke or the simple spring centering type.

Allis Chalmers imported Renault tractors and sold them as AC160, or AC OneSixty. Highly desired by collectors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back