Reinstalling Gas Tank IH 300 utility

thorn197

New User
I took my gas tank off my 1957 IH 300 utility to restore it and get all the rust out. Now I'm reinstalling it. I took it off months ago and now I cannot remember the order of the rubber insulating mounting washers. I have 8 washers that are about 1 3/4". Two of them are just rubber, the other six are rubber in one side and metal on the other. The take mounts on two threaded studs near the steering wheel under the instrument hood, and then bolts to two mounting holes near the valve cover. Can anyone give me some insight on where these washer go back on and the direction they lay?

Thanks for the reply Tgrasher. I went ahead with that assumption as well. I initially was puzzled because I had six of the washers with the rear bolts and two with front. After thinking a little more about the purpose, I went ahead and used two on each bolt as you suggested.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back