Replaced torque amplifier on 340 Farmall

I have a 1959 Farmall 340. The throwout bearing in the torque amplifier clutch went bad. Can I change the torque amplifier, clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing from the inspection hole on top

I have a 1959 Farmall 340. The throwout bearing in the torque amplifier clutch went bad. Can I change the torque amplifier, clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing from the inspection hole on top
The shaft running through the assembly is the clutch shaft into the engine clutch. A split at the engine is necessary. Jim

As others have said, no, you can't.

There is a solid shaft that runs from the clutch pressure plate to the TA pressure plate. Only way it comes out is by splitting the tractor at the clutch bell housing.

You MAY also need to remove the PTO unit and slide the IPTO driveshaft out of the way so the TA pressure plate can come out. Otherwise there is a gear in the way that prevents removal. I know you do NOT have to do that for the 450, but you DO have to do that for the 656.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back