Replacing rim on 8N with aftermarket??

jpallist

New User
Greetings everyone, I have an 8N that has a bad rim. Not leaking much yet, but rusted and cracked. The other rim is in good shape, so I just want to replace the the rusted one. It has 6 massive steel blocks that are attached to the rim and that secure the tim to the center plate with 6 bolts. My 8N has 14.9 X 24 tires. Can I replace this rim with an aftermarket rim with loops instead of the blocks? It is difficult to get exact measurments with the wheel on the tractor, but the rim is 24" in diameter from mounting ange to mounting flange, and it appears to be about 12" in width. If you know about such things, Please look at the photo of the rusted wheel and the photo and specs for a possible aftermarket replacement and let me know if you think this will work. Thanks!
old wheel.jpg

12-x-24-6-loop-rear-rim.jpg
new rim specs.JPG

Greetings everyone, I have an 8N that has a bad rim. Not leaking much yet, but rusted and cracked. The other rim is in good shape, so I just want to replace the the rusted one. It has 6 massive steel blocks that are attached to the rim and that secure the tim to the center plate with 6 bolts. My 8N has 14.9 X 24 tires. Can I replace this rim with an aftermarket rim with loops instead of the blocks? It is difficult to get exact measurments with the wheel on the tractor, but the rim is 24" in diameter from mounting ange to mounting flange, and it appears to be about 12" in width. If you know about such things, Please look at the photo of the rusted wheel and the photo and specs for a possible aftermarket replacement and let me know if you think this will work. Thanks!
View attachment 61902

View attachment 61903View attachment 61904
Simple answer is yes. My late 8N had a bad rim and I ordered one from Y-T and of course it was a loop type rim and it fit just fine. But it is not common for any of the N series to have a 24 inch rim

Simple answer is yes. My late 8N had a bad rim and I ordered one from Y-T and of course it was a loop type rim and it fit just fine. But it is not common for any of the N series to have a 24 inch rim
Yeah,that's not original rim!

I would measure your bolt center straight across and compare it to the specks on a aftermarket rim. They list center to center as 20.25 inches that will tell you if it fits. It almost looks to me like the center hub that it is bolted to looks smaller in diameter.

Thanks much for the tips! And Mike, you are right, the discance straight across for the bolts is 18 1/2 inches. Rats! Anyone know where I might find a rim with 18.5" bolt distance?

I would measure your bolt center straight across and compare it to the specks on a aftermarket rim. They list center to center as 20.25 inches that will tell you if it fits. It almost looks to me like the center hub that it is bolted to looks smaller in diameter.
The smaller wheel centers might be from something like a 2000 LCG mower tractor. I've never seen rims with loops like that, though.

Thanks much for the tips! And Mike, you are right, the discance straight across for the bolts is 18 1/2 inches. Rats! Anyone know where I might find a rim with 18.5" bolt distance?
Check this site under Ford NAA they had a 24 inch rim option and that rim should bolt right on

View attachment 61902

View attachment 61903View attachment 61904
Never have seen this style B4 -ho-made for sure

try Miller Tire

Thanks again, everyone. Member "Old": I've been searching the site for NAA 24" rims but have not found them. Any more guidance on where to look? Thanks, JP
Call them tomorrow and see if they can help that way. 24 inch rims where an option but few ever had them. Or you could go with the 28inch rims but you would also have to replace the center

As Timmycornpicker said try a 2000 LCG (low center gravity) tractor, they had 24 inch wheels on them, that would be the blue series , 60's thru 70's vintage.

Jpallist, I've been doing some checking and you are correct, can't come up with a bolt pattern that size. Call these guys at Ag Wheel Express and see if they have a solution 641-450-7090, maybe they have a center hub that will fit your tractor and you can use the 20.25 rim you found or buy one from them for the same amount. Worth a try.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back