Hobo,NC

Your experience, I ordered chassis parts they were to be shipped from two different locations. One part a bushing to be shipped from a different warehouse. I have received both shipments the bushing was from a the second location. The other shipment I was shorted a ball joint my order shows I ordered two ball joints the package slip reads only one shipped.

I go to tracking the tracking number show's that package has not been shipped (remember I have it). I report this online they say we are sorry you have not received your package yet. This is the third time I have ordered from them two times there has been an issue. Is this how those clowns operate, when you are shorted on a order do you wait till magic happens. Clearly I ordered it clearly it shows only one was shipped there are no indicators when I will receive the part.

Your experience, I ordered chassis parts they were to be shipped from two different locations. One part a bushing to be shipped from a different warehouse. I have received both shipments the bushing was from a the second location. The other shipment I was shorted a ball joint my order shows I ordered two ball joints the package slip reads only one shipped.

I go to tracking the tracking number show's that package has not been shipped (remember I have it). I report this online they say we are sorry you have not received your package yet. This is the third time I have ordered from them two times there has been an issue. Is this how those clowns operate, when you are shorted on a order do you wait till magic happens. Clearly I ordered it clearly it shows only one was shipped there are no indicators when I will receive the part.
I ordered 3 or 4 times. No problems.

I have had no problems with them, probably a couple dozen orders. Even ordered a rack and pinion from them. See photo of tool box lid covered with magnets they send in orders. If this works here is a link to where to get help with your problem RockAuto order help

Attachments

• IMG_3979.jpeg
    IMG_3979.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
I've ordered several times from them, probably 20 or so. They got it wrong on one order. There was a number on their website where you could call them. I called and spoke to a very helpful person. They refunded my money, didn't want the incorrect part back and apologized profusely for getting it wrong.

I like Rock Auto if you have time to wait for the part to be shipped. Not so much if you need it quickly.

Their information, directly from their website.
RockAuto, LLC Corporate Headquarters
6418 Normandy Lane
Suite 100
Madison, WI 53719
1-608-661-1376

Last edited:
I've purchased from them many times. Never any problems, but you do have to watch their shipping charges. Especially if multiple items are coming from multiple warehouses.

I have been ordering from Rock Auto for years. I have bought so much from them that I have an entire set of cabinet doors covered with their refrigerator magnets. In at least 10 years, I have only had one problem, and it wasn't Rock Auto's fault - it was FedEx. They kept folding a gasket that did not fold. After the third replacement arrived broken, I got a refund and bought it locally - for about 4 times the money.
I bought wiper blades for our cars at RA. I got all of them for less than AutoZone wanted for ONE BLADE!!! That included shipping. Anything that I can wait for a couple of days comes from RA. The only exceptions are things like alternators, starters, or brakes that are lifetime warranty from AZ.

I buy from them all the time. I have had a couple of issues in the past that were promptly taken care of through the online help form.

I can see where OP’s issue would be frustrating. I would probably not buy as much from RA if time was an issue. The kids can wait for their cars. If they don’t like it, they are welcome to pony up for faster service.

I've bought a fair amount from them and never had a problem.

I buy from them all the time. I have had a couple of issues in the past that were promptly taken care of through the online help form.

I can see where OP’s issue would be frustrating. I would probably not buy as much from RA if time was an issue. The kids can wait for their cars. If they don’t like it, they are welcome to pony up for faster service.
This is a 1980 Toyota it will never see 10K miles again. I ordered not because of price its because they listed they had all the parts. I could have got them local I would be out 5 days are so verses 6 from the rock, so time nor price was not the issue. I ordered a ball joint local when I do get a response from them I will give direction as to where to stick it.

I also think this shipping game is a game. Tracking numbers are normally accurate it show's the label was printed on the 22nd and never been shipped. Its dead in the water I think when this is over with I will get free parts cuzz I am not going to pay for a box of parts that shows' it's never been shipped.

I ordered 6 different items for two different vehicles' a couple weeks ago., It came in three different packages from the different places on three different days. It took 6 days for the last item to arrive but other than that I was happy. It was probably about the 5 th time I've ordered from them and never had a problem.

Been doing business with them for about 20 years. Only one small mistake they made. You do have to focus on the shipping charges.

Rock Auto is not a brick and mortar store. They have one headquarters where orders are taken, processed etc and about 10 or 12 warehouses in the US that ships the orders. Plus they have connections to a lot of manufacturers that they buy and ship from.

You may order two ball joints. They may have one at a warehouse in NY and another in FL. They will both ship and you will get a tracking number. Depending how close you are to the warehouses you may get one on Monday and the other on Thursday. Once you learn how they operate. You learn not to panic if only one part arrives when you ordered two.

My experience with RA is mostly good. As far as I know, they don't actually have any warehouses, so everything is shipped directly from the various wholesalers who supply them. So shipments from different locations is the norm, and often runs up the shipping charges.

I've only had a problem with one order. When ordering brake parts for my pickup, I received the wrong rear rotors. The part number on the rotors agreed with what was on the boxes and that part number agreed with what I ordered and what their online catalog said I needed. But they were wrong; I suspect they were for a one ton dually rather than a 3/4 ton. Anyway, I damaged one rotor attempting to install it but was able to return the other one. Since they sent the rotors I ordered, I had to eat the shipping charges one way, but they paid the return shipping.

Rock Auto eliminated their help line a few years ago, now there is no way to talk to a live person. The number listed above is a corporate number and according to their website not to be used for customer service. I had an issue when they shipped the wrong fuel pump to me, I tried to contact them to get the right pump and got no response. Eventually I requested a Return Authorization and had to pay to ship it back and a restocking fee, but it was the only way to get part of my money back. I would use them again if the savings warranted the risk. FWIW, I use Summit Racing more than ever, their prices are usually beat the local suppliers and their shipping is quick. If you do have an issue with Summit, you can call or submit a claim through their website.

Some local people use them because of price. I did not do well or like there website, so I don't use them. To me they are a modern version of JC Whitney.

Never had a problem, but they like everyone else is at the mercy of their warehouse staff and the horrible shipping service we now have !

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back