Sherman combo parts question

Hidude

Looking for opinions from you guys about reusing this interlock pin in the shift cover of my sherman combo. Also where would I be able to find a replacement pin. Thanks in advance
mvphoto87473.jpg

mvphoto87474.jpg

This post was edited by Hidude on 01/27/2022 at 05:56 pm.

Hidude ,If you can not find a new pin (probably won't) I would check the diameter and find say a grade 8 bolt and make a new one.Make it the proper diameter,and length with the ends ground round like the original pin.To make it shift better like new,also replace the spring if it is weak.
I like your handle (Hidude) lol

This post was edited by Den N Ms on 01/28/2022 at 05:02 am.

I made one out of a dowel pin and with my lathe and a small hand held grinding disc. to radius the ends, I think it was 5/16 diameter. Just use a caliper and sneak up on it.

I have a NOS Sherman combination top cover if helpful.

Also have a NOS course spline input shaft assembly for a Sherman combination if anyone is interested.

Cannot help with the detent plunger.

Dean

(quoted from post at 13:51:30 01/28/22) I have a NOS Sherman combination top cover if helpful.

Also have a NOS course spline input shaft assembly for a Sherman combination if anyone is interested.

Cannot help with the detent plunger.

Dean

Good to know Dean.

I went into my local town to a metal fab shop who said they couldn't help. Happened that another customer directed me to a retired machine shop guy who does a little work to stay busy. Went to see him and he said he would turn 1 from an old dowel pin. We'll see how it looks next week

I'm getting ready to make one myself. I
just went out and got a hardened 5/16 rod
and I'm going to attempt to use a small
fine grinding disk to round it nicely. I
have 2 foot of rod so I can make a lot of
mistakes.

(quoted from post at 09:16:55 01/29/22) I'm getting ready to make one myself. I
just went out and got a hardened 5/16 rod
and I'm going to attempt to use a small
fine grinding disk to round it nicely. I
have 2 foot of rod so I can make a lot of
mistakes.
Yep,Just use a drill to chuck up the pin and a grinder to round it up.

Not sure if im doing something wrong but I can't see an email for Dean. Message says private message is disabled when I click on the pm button?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back