Some musings about copper pipe

That's a good thought as I had mice gnaw on a Romex wire eventually opening the neutral and I think it was to enlarge a hole that the wire fed through. Having said that, mice just like to gnaw on stuff and some things suit their tastes better than others.
Like some things better than others............a great example is soybean based electric wire insulation! Talk about a dumb idea!

Here is suggestion that nobody has yet suggested. Since there is a distance issue, and it only supplies the kitchen and a half bath, what about adding an auxilliary water heater somewhere in the half bath or kitchen? Like under the sink in the kitchen or in a closet in the half bath.
No matter the material or insulation, the water in the pipe will not stay hot for any extended length of time thus rendering the insulation or material irrelevant. An auxilliary heater would be more efficient in the long run AND significantly reduce the time waiting for the water to get hot.
This was our solution to needing one cup of hot water.

I'm about to start on this waterline stuff again.
I posted about a shower curtain rod a few days ago and today I can show a hole I made in the floor. All three are related to finishing this bathroom and a bathroom needs water for it to work properly.
Am ambivalent about replacing 40' of copper hot water line - that's only 14 years old and works fine - for the sake of a hunch or theory. Then again, faster hot water to what will be 3 sinks on that end of the house?
Hmmm...
The new stuff will go in in pex of course. Not one mouse since I came here.
The squirrels did eat the acetylene hose on my torch in the garage tho. Twice!
Hey Dog, is that a Burmese tiger trap, or just a hole in the floor?o_O

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back