Super 88 brakes

super99

Didn’t get anything done on the brakes today except look at the actuators and sigh. They were ran long enough that the rivets on one disc were wearing into the actuator. I think I’ll try hitting them with the 4” grinder with a flap disc on it and try to smooth them up before buying new ones. Still getting black crap out of the fuel tank.
IMG_2452.jpeg
IMG_2451.jpeg
IMG_2440.jpeg

Didn’t get anything done on the brakes today except look at the actuators and sigh. They were ran long enough that the rivets on one disc were wearing into the actuator. I think I’ll try hitting them with the 4” grinder with a flap disc on it and try to smooth them up before buying new ones. Still getting black crap out of the fuel tank.View attachment 69229View attachment 69230View attachment 69231
I cleaned one up on a motorcycle with a 4 inch grinder and it's still works good. Just try getting it all the same all the way around.

Why not get them resurfaced? Probably not that expensive to get done relative to what you are going to have invested in tractor before you are done! I have always said the tractors that cost me the most I paid the least for! ☺️

Didn’t get anything done on the brakes today except look at the actuators and sigh. They were ran long enough that the rivets on one disc were wearing into the actuator. I think I’ll try hitting them with the 4” grinder with a flap disc on it and try to smooth them up before buying new ones. Still getting black crap out of the fuel tank.View attachment 69229View attachment 69230View attachment 69231
An orbital sander, (after wire brushing with angle grinder), with the right paper might keep it flatter that the sander disc. gm

I had a 1935? IHC TD-40 whose diesel tank had turned to thick black tar similar to what you have pictured. Took it to a radiator shop and had it boiled. Yeah, it cost a pretty penny but the results sure made me wish I would've done it sooner in the restoration. It was beautifully clean inside when I got it back. Having the outside clean as well was an added bonus.

You can try cleaning them up with a orbital sander and silicon carbide paper. Or sandblast them. This is what I found in my 1550. The discs and linings weren't bad. I got new anchor pins from Smitty's and welded the link ends. The straight ones are easy to make but forked ones don't seem to be available anywhere.

Attachments

• S5000995.JPG
    S5000995.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 13

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back